earworm
Level 1: Cadet

App keeps crashing and game size is tiny.

I want a refund as the app constantly crashes and the game is so small it's not even worth watching. Tried calling Telstra and spent 1 hour going in circles. Please explain how to get a refund as this app is basically a scam and not worth any money.

I'll be going to the ACCC regarding this matter and the lack of support available.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Re: App keeps crashing and game size is tiny.

Hi @earworm

Thanks for your feedback and I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the live pass. The terms of the service do describe the limitations in terms of screen size and features of the App.

I am happy to investigate any issues that you having however we would not provide a refund because you have changed your mind.

What seems to be the problem? How can I help?

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

earworm

The App constantly crashes and tells me my free trial has ended. i have paid $99 for the App and it works on my phone but not on my IPad so i missed the game i wanted to watch today. Just cause you bury a piece of info about screen size way down in the T & C's doesn't make it legal to not issue refunds on a subscription that lasts for a year. You could keep 2 weeks of the subscription money but not the whole year. Consumer law states i am entitled to a full refund if the product is faulty or not as described and Limitations of product must be published clearly on the site not buried in T & C's. The product does not work on my device so i would like a refund.

JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

We do not advertise that this will be available in anything larger than a mobile phone screen as it is a product designed for mobile devices.

The service is not faulty as it is working as intended so you would not be eligible for a refund.

We are aware of an issue affecting some older iOS devices however this has been resolved in the latest update. If you're still experiencing App crashes, please let me know what you were doing at the time and we can check this out for you.

If you purchased an in-app subscription on your iPhone, you may just need to restore the purchase on your iPad to bring the subscription over. Alternatively, you can just log in with your Telstra ID if you registered through the AFL website to access on any device.

If you need any help restoring your subscription, please let me know and I can provide the steps for you.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

earworm

You may not advertise that the screen is full screen but you also don't advertise that the screen size is tiny.
I have tried doing those things you have mentioned about 20 times on 2 different devices. 1 Android and 1 OSX and neither work. They keep crashing. The IPad has the latest update of OS on it and the same with the android device, so this is not the devices fault there is an issue with the App hence why i am asking for a refund. I purchased the App on the IPad that i am using to try and watch it so stop trying to lay the blame elsewhere and just refund the money. Looking at this forum you must be sick of stating no refunds for your rubbish App so how about doing the right thing for a change. I have lodged the issue with ACCC and the AFL last night so they know about the rubbish App Telstra have created.
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

We are aware that there were some issues with older iOS devices running iOS9 which was causing unexpected crashes however these have been resolved now. 

We will work through any issues that you are experiencing with the App if you will work with us to resolve them. In addition, we offer a 2 week free trial to give you the option to test the features of the App and ensure that this is compatible and working with your devices.

OSX Mac devices are not supported with the App. If you registered via the AFL website, you are able to access full match replays via your browser though.

In addition, can you please provide the following details for the devices you're using:

Do you encounter an error message? If so, what is it specifically?

Device:
OS Version:
Service Provider:
ADSL, Cable, NBN or Mobile:

Thanks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit