sct1
Level 1: Cadet

Are replays of an AFL game also data free?

Will data usage be metered when I watch a replay of a game, EG the 2017 AFL Grand Final?
I have AFL Live app with a complimentary Free Live Pass.
Cheers, Steve

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Dani39
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Are replays of an AFL game also data free?

Hi sct1,

Apologies for the delay in responding. 

Video data usage, including match replays, is currently unmetered only for certain Telstra customers while connected to the following Telstra services:

• BigPond ADSL/Cable/NBN
  • Telstra mobile handsets / tablets with any Telstra SIM (excluding International Roaming)
  • Telstra Mobile Broadband (Dongles and mobile Wi-Fi hotspots) with any Telstra SIM (excluding BigPond Wireless Broadband and International Roaming)

Please don't hesitate to reply if you have any further questions. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Tony6125
Level 2: Rookie

Hi Dani, 

Can I ask a question related to the above topic? I have a Telstra Pre Paid Mobile and watch AFL on it. However, when I watch replays I use my data which is quite limited. If I am charged for data for watching replays on AFL live, does the advertised "data free' only apply to viewing matches live not replays?

Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Tony6125

Thank you for your enquiry, my apologies for any issues you've experiencing with the AFL Live App using data. 

As a Telstra Mobile Customer, all video content on the AFL Live App should be data free. 

Are you only seeing excess data use when watching replays but not live games?  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Tony6125

Hi Kjorg

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I mainly watch replays so I am not sure what happens if I watched live matches. Here is an example: last night I watched seven minutes of a replay which was just the one currently showing. I had reset my statistics prior to watching. Anyway, my data usage for the AFL Live app was 29.6 MB. I know that is not much but I am reluctant to select a replay and watch the whole of it in case it uses a good slice of my monthly data. Maybe I should watch a full replay and get back to you with the data usage.

Regards

Tony6125

Hi
I just watched 8 minutes of a replay and my data usage was 220MB.
Regards
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

@Tony6125 How are you checking your data usage? If you are using your phone data tracker or a third party App, this will not include unmetered data. 

The Telstra 24x7 App takes up to 8 hours for usage to be recorded. I would recommend checking via the 24x7 App or My Account to confirm your usage. Please find them on these links:

My Account:   http://tel.st/cpyn

24x7 App: http://tel.st/app

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Tony6125

Thanks Jesse. I use the Telstra 24x7 app which immediately registers the change I mentioned above: from 0 once i reset to 222 MB after a few minutes. However, I will check on the links you mention.
Thankyou
Tony
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

You are not able to reset your usage stats through the 24x7 App but this is something that you can do on your in built data counter. Let me know how you go with checking your data usage with those links.

Thanks

Tony6125

Thanks Jesse. You were right, I was just resetting my built in data counter. I will let you know the info from the Telstra 24x7 app. Thanks for your patience and help.
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks Tony, please let me know if you need anything else.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit