Jigo5
Level 1: Cadet

Gambling adds on this app & children

Answered

I use this app with my 7 year old son. Everytime we click on something that has video content we are subject to a 15 second Sportsbet add.  I am not against advertising but do feel that there should be an option in the settings that allows the user to block all gambling related advertising.  There is an option that allows you to remove the betting prices in the "Matches" section of the app, could this option be extended to replace video adds for gambling with adds for something else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Gambling adds on this app & children

The AFL are responsible for the actual content that is served through the app, so I would be sending an email to general@afl.com.au expressing your concerns as to why Gambling Advertising is being served up through the app even when it is set to Under 18 mode.

You should also cc: afl.live@team.telstra.com into the same email so that the development team gets the same information.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Toriee
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Jigo5

Which app are you referring to? I'll do my best to help. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Jupiter

Go into settings and the turn off the "I am 18 or over" setting. That's the only way to do it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Jigo5

I am talking about the AFL app, its a sport in Australia, AFL stands for Australian Rules Football.

Jigo5

Hi Jupiter and thanks for your reply.

I have gone into the settings and turned that off the "I am over 18" setting.  These adds I am talking about still appear in the app.  For example go into the app and scroll down on the "Latest" page, today there is a story titled "Yokayi Footy E4: Bradly Hill on pressure, 'weird' GF moment", if I click on that I get a 15 second add for Sportsbet.  My kids should not be subject to this form of advertising on this app.

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

The AFL are responsible for the actual content that is served through the app, so I would be sending an email to general@afl.com.au expressing your concerns as to why Gambling Advertising is being served up through the app even when it is set to Under 18 mode.

You should also cc: afl.live@team.telstra.com into the same email so that the development team gets the same information.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit