sherdbird
Level 3: Gumshoe

kayo $5.00 deal for AFL live pass

Answered

I have been trying for over an hour to sign up for the $5.00 Kayo deal offered to AFL live pass members. I just get a screen stating I'm eligible, click on sign up and nothing happens to my screen. I get a txt message with a pin number, but nowhere to enter the pin on my screen.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
sherdbird
Accepted Solution

Re: kayo $5.00 deal for AFL live pass

I finally got it to work at about 10pm last night.

Turned my wifi off on my mobile. The Telstra staff were useless. Nothing they suggested worked for me.

The last suggestion I didn't try as I had just managed to get signed up into Kayo, was to uninstall and then reinstall the telstra app.

View solution in original post

aaron_h
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hello @sherdbird,

Thanks for messaging us on Crowd Support, apologies for any issues accessing the offer.

There was a technical issue yesterday that was resolved about 9 PM last night.

It should now be possible for anyone else impacted to enter the one time pin, please let us know if there

are any further issues (a few customers have responded it's working so fingers crossed).

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
47 REPLIES 47
scottstreetmars
Level 2: Rookie

I am having the same Issues

sherdbird

so bloody frustrating

S4L5A
Level 1: Cadet

Same here... no luck sent them a message 

CSouma

so its not just me, I have been back and forth with Telstra and Kayo all afternoon. nothing but cut and paste useless responses. 

TigerStew

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to redeem $5 Kayo offer, click 'sign up', get txt message with redemption code but nowhere to enter it? Just going round in circles.

tetty

I'm having the exact same problem. Looks like a Telstra issue again based on everyone else's experience...

rmblues65

I am having the same problem, I wonder if it is a gimmick?

sherdbird
Accepted Solution

I finally got it to work at about 10pm last night.

Turned my wifi off on my mobile. The Telstra staff were useless. Nothing they suggested worked for me.

The last suggestion I didn't try as I had just managed to get signed up into Kayo, was to uninstall and then reinstall the telstra app.

aaron_h
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hello @sherdbird,

Thanks for messaging us on Crowd Support, apologies for any issues accessing the offer.

There was a technical issue yesterday that was resolved about 9 PM last night.

It should now be possible for anyone else impacted to enter the one time pin, please let us know if there

are any further issues (a few customers have responded it's working so fingers crossed).

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

MickeyP28

Had Kayo cancel my $5 subscription after 4 days of being active, all because of an issue with Telstra and Kayo not having their pay through telstra bill sorted.. so now I've lost my offer as my subscription was cancelled... being trying to some one in telstra for 6 days now to escalate my issue and have my subscription reinstated... 

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @MickeyP28

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with your Kayo subscription.

We unfortunately do not have access to accounts via CrowdSupport to investigate further here

You will need to use the Get Help tab of the My Telstra app to send a message to customer support for further assistance. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

MickeyP28

Regardless of my account... the fact that PAYMENT through Telstra Bill and Kayo has failed, causing me the customer to have my subscription cancelled and now no longer have my offer valid. Should be a telstra concern. 8 days now and no one seems capable of calling me or offering a resolution. 

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @MickeyP28,

Thanks for the update.

In order to contact customer support, please message us in the Get Help tab of the My

Telstra App, Crowd Support is a community forum (no one here has account access or

can call you).

To escalate the issue, message 'I would like to make a complaint' in the app to start the

process. 

MickeyP28

Cheers Aaron, however been making complaints all last week. Today I'm advised a case manager will call tomorrow...this is getting geyond a joke

rmblues65

It is just s gimmick 

Ngoc_123

stupid system i did the same thing today accidentally cancelled sub and now cant get the discount so frustrating the support

Htfbwick

I can't even receive the SMS messages despite requesting this repeatedly 😔

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Ngoc_123,

Thanks for sharing with the community, sorry to see you've had issues with the offer.

To contact us for support, please message us in the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App.

To escalate, message 'I would like to make a complaint' in the app to start the process.

Daniel__

Click the tinny check box to make it work. Had the same issue as everyone else. Just needed to tap the little circle. 

Daniel__

Hi Aaron. What are the charges this txt is referring to? I can’t find anywhere on the Telstra or Kayo website what the additional charges to my Telstra account could be. Other than the $5 per month... can you please provide further details. 

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Htfbwick,

Thanks for contacting us on Crowd Support.

I'm only guessing as there aren't many details, but it sounds like you are having

issues with the pin we send out via text to redeem the offer?

If so, the pin is sent to the primary contact number for the account's Legal Lessee.

If you are not receiving it, contact details will need to be updated. To do so, the

Legal Lessee of the account will need to contact us via messaging in the Get Help 

tab of the My Telstra App, or visit a store if possible.

Once the contact details are correct, it can then take another day or so for our website

to recognise this when redeeming the offer.

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Daniel__,

Thanks for your message.

The text is referring to the cost of Kayo itself ($5 per month once the offer has been redeemed).

It's possible the cost of Kayo can be added to the Telstra Bill.

The Alternative payment methods mean the Kayo subscription fees can also be charged to a credit card etc.

Please let us know if there are any further questions.

Htfbwick

I am the primary contact for this account so it doesn't make sense on why I didn't receive the text. I had the same issue last year and no one from Telstra was able to resolve this and I just gave up as it took hours to actually speak to a person.

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Htfbwick,

Thanks for the update.

If you are the Legal Lessee and did not receive the text, we do not have the right contact details

for you.

To update them, it is necessary to contact us via a secure means you can be identified

(no one on Crowd Support has access to accounts) like messaging in the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App

or visiting a store with identification.

KittyMum01

Im having similar problems.  I can't even get in to get the offer.  When does it expire? What do I need to do? 

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @KittyMum01,

Sorry to see you've had some issues accessing the offer.

To access the Kayo offer if you redeemed a free Live Pass last season,

head to the Telstra website: https://tel.st/9rwtf

For full details including FAQ's, please follow the link above. The offer must be redeemed

prior to May 31st 2021.

If you are having any issues redeeming the offer, please contact customer support via

messaging in the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App.

Ngoc_123

thanks @aaron_h @

before i posted i was on contact help and did chat to one of the team consultant but he has advised me to seek help with kayo. so i went back and forth not getting the correct support

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Ngoc_123,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the community.

No one on Crowd Support has access to Telstra or Kayo accounts, we

can point in the right direction but if there are further issues it is necessary

to contact support again.

If you have raised an official complaint with Telstra as previously suggested, it can take 5-10 business days for a case manager to be assigned to investigate further.

To escalate with Kayo, fill out their feedback form: https://tel.st/y7ywx

adsy63

i was on the phone to he phillipines for over an hour

no joy

wot the hell 

been to the shop...........useless

ive been a telstra customers for 26 years and im not elligable

absdolutely ridiculous

we r just numbers and dont count

but they take our money

adsy63

reckon u r right

Ngoc_123

@aaron_h 

i didnt lodged a complaint with customer only just chatted where could i do this?

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @adsy63,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Crowd Support community, sorry to see you've

had a hard time redeeming the offer.

I have mentioned several times on the thread you've commented on to contact

support via messaging in the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App.

To escalate, message 'I would like to make a complaint' to escalate to a case manager.

To be eligible, you need to have redeemed a free AFL Live Pass in the AFL App last season.

Other community members have reported success redeeming the offer on the Telstra mobile

used to access the AFL App last season, while connected to mobile data. https://tel.st/afp6h

Kayo also have instructions on the Live Pass Kayo offer: https://tel.st/e9rvf

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hi @Ngoc_123,

As per my earlier response, to escalate message 'I would like to make a complaint'

in the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App to start the process.

There are also several other ways to raise a complaint, you can find all the details on

our website: https://tel.st/wxs2z

Htfbwick

Not sure what this means.. but this is ridiculous that I can't update my own contact settings for my nominated mobile. I tried updating my mobile number and it is the correct mobile number so clearly there is a problem going on with Telstra security. I can't update something which is already populated. Noting this goes back to July last year with no resolution in sight.

MickeyP28

I requested a complaint in the 24/7 app..JUST BE PREPARED FOR 10 DAYS before you get a call. I got my call yesterday 18/3 after I continued to seek help in the 24/7 app everyday from the 8/3... great I got to.speak.to someone in Melb yesterday but guess what my issue has only ended up being escalated further. Telstra what a joke. All because of your own internal issues with payment systems between Kayo and Telstra.... it's a disgrace...but yeah nah there's plenty of customers Shell be right... plus crowd support WHY do you think so many people come here. In my opinion obviously because the 24/7 chat is under trained and offer no solutions to your precious customers.

50mxe

Its a bloody joke. What a giant con. Telstra Kayo get your act together

adsy63

ive spent almost 3 hours on the phone for this offer.

i think its a con.. we give up........we lose

take our money

offer us things that dont happen!

great service!!!!!

Brianog

I’m trying to register to get the Kayo deal but it’s going to my wife’s old number I’m the main number  on or new numbers when we signed back up two years ago

Trevor_16

I cannot get sign on pin to work, I have checked eligibility criteria and can’t see where my eligibility is hitting a hurdle. 

I have tried contacting Telstra through the Telstra app with no resolution to this issue. Telstra cannot explain why the offer is not working. 

Toriee
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Trevor_16

If you're eligible the offer will be available within the My Offers tab in your My Account or My Telstra app. Just to confirm eligibility, you must have had the AFL or NRL Live Pass activated before the 22nd Dec 20 and still have the service used to activate the subscription. When attempting to redeem the $5.00 Kayo offer you'll need to redeem and sign up for the offer using that same service that had the active Live Pass subscription. 

Try finding the offer using the following steps within your My Offers, My Telstra or https://tel.st/g8n8a:

My Offers

• Go to https://tel.st/yxmln on the eligible service 
  • You may need to log in with your Telstra ID 
  • Follow the prompts to redeem.  

My Telstra 

• Services tab > Select the service believed eligible 
  • Scroll down to Kayo in Entertainment section 
  • This will show the list of eligible Kayo offers for that service  
  • Click the offer which redirects to https://tel.st/z6lj3 to redeem 

https://tel.st/45l9r

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

WGAS

I am having the exact same problem now, and have been locked out for 30 minutes. I'll try again then by turning off wifi.

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @WGAS

Thank you for posting on CrowdSupport. 

If you are still having problems redeeming the $5 Kayo offer via the 4G network, you will need to contact support directly via the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App 

If you're unable to download the My Telstra App, you can log in to your account here: https://tel.st/r4mek on a computer/laptop and select the Get Help tab at the top of the screen. You can then select the 'message us' option on the bottom right hand side.

xEDDYx

I'm currently facing the same issue. My i go to manage my account is showing that my service has been cancelled.

Were you able to get a resolution out of Telstra?

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @xEDDYx,

Thanks for your message, sorry to see you've also had some issues redeeming.

I can see I've advised contacting support via messaging in the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App multiple times

in this thread, what did the support team advise?

Kayo also have instructions on accessing and redeeming the offer on their website, with an option of

messaging them as well. https://tel.st/5d58n

Please let us know how you go.

xEDDYx

Hi aaron_h

Ever since Telstra has moved to this new instant messaging support, I've nothing but trouble resolving issues.

In particular I've had the same conversation with 6 different people.

I cannot share a screenshot in the app to even show the support agents.

I followed the steps here. https://help.kayosports.com.au/s/article/Telstra-Live-Pass-Offer

https://imgur.com/a/Joxu9Ar

Please check the Imgur link of the screenshots.

Thanks Ash

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @xEDDYx 

Thank you for getting back to us.

The screenshot you provided advises that the reason your subscription was cancelled is because there was an issue with adding the payment to your Telstra Bill.

As has already been advised on this thread - no one on CrowdSupport has access to customer accounts.

This means we're unable to look into your account to investigate why this happened or add the payment back to your account. 

The screenshot also advised you needed to log in to your Kayo account within two days to change your payment method - did you do this? 

For further assistance, you will need to contact customer support directly via the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App.

If you're unable to use the My Telstra App, you can log in to your account here: https://tel.st/82bp7 on a computer/laptop and select the Get Help tab at the top of the screen. You can then select the 'message us' option on the bottom right hand side. 

xEDDYx

Thanks for your useless input Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit