Shaunpro1
Level 2: Rookie

Kayo Offer

Hi I am looking to redeem the new Kayo $5 per month offer, My Telstra shows Im eligible and takes me to a sign up link but the one time code pin I need to enter is not being sent to my mobile number, can anything be done to sort this? Would much rather pay the lower amount in my financial situation.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
37 REPLIES 37
Turpes
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Kayo Offer

I am having the same issue

Shaunpro1

just going to give up, nobody seems to be able to fix the problem.

@Turpes wrote:

I am having the same issue

aaron_h
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Shaunpro1,

Sorry to see you have had issues redeeming the Kayo offer.

Many of the community members reporting similar issues are reporting

that they have now successfully redeemed the offer.

If you are still having issues receiving a pin, the pin number is sent to the primary contact

number of the Legal Lessee of the account, this may need to be updated by contacting

support or visiting a store. Messaging in the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App is the fastest

way to get onto support.

Please let us know if there are any further questions or concerns.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
CokeMan

its sending one time pin to some other mobile number.

I think it may be the one that was originally supplied when i signed up with telstra prepaid and ported my number from optus last year.

I have phoned them up and they palmed it off to a manager and supposedly they will be getting in touch.

i joined the whole telstra hub or whatever it is called and did it on my pc and it still said it was sending the one time pin to some other mobile number.

chatted to kayo - they cant do anything - beyond their control

telstra have to get this sorted 

CokeMan

telstra customer service dont give a fork when you phone them

they dont reply when you go to chat

and then when you speak to someone they palm it off to someone else and say that the other person will be in touch.

Easy way to resolve problem - just send a link to everyones mobile number that takes you straight to the account section

how much money are KAYO LOSING due to the incompetency of Telstra? It would be concerning as STAN are coming up now.

Im not spending any more time to save any more money

CokeMan

I think telstra are discriminating against me because of my race

hashtag my life matters

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello CokeMan,

Sorry to see that you are also having issues with the offer.

As explained above, the pin is sent to the primary contact number for the Legal Lessee of

the account. You will need to contact support if you are the Legal Lessee and do not receive

a pin to your primary contact number.

All messages are responded to in the My Telstra App, although they are responded to in order of urgency,

you will receive a notification once a team member is able to assist. They will need to verify identity

to update contact details. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Wombat4u

That's not true for me. It sending it to the secondary Mobile number

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Wombat4u,

Sorry again to see you are still having issues redeeming,

We have responded to another of your posts, you can find it here:

https://tel.st/mh4jr

yh2276

I just selected the link to take up the offer but when it opens I am receiving a $15/month offer instead of the advertised $5/month

typical failure of correspondence why doesn’t it surprise me

SS1908

The problem I have is that I am not being offered the $5 offer. When I follow the link it offers $15. Don’t get to the PIN stage. What is going on. Can not get a decent response from Live Chat and they tell me it is a suspicious email. Not good.

@aaron_h wrote:

Hello @Shaunpro1,

Sorry to see you have had issues redeeming the Kayo offer.

Many of the community members reporting similar issues are reporting

that they have now successfully redeemed the offer.

If you are still having issues receiving a pin, the pin number is sent to the primary contact

number of the Legal Lessee of the account, this may need to be updated by contacting

support or visiting a store. Messaging in the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App is the fastest

way to get onto support.

Pj2504

I have subscribed with the 15 dollar offer they send me the 6 digit pin l enter it . Then it takes me too the Streamnation web site and asks me to log in ? With what ?. I use my telstra id and password says it's wrong id or password.  Then fo back to the telstra app and kayo hasn't been added to my services . Lol help is non existent.  This message thing haha what a joke . 

Violet1106

I have the same issue. Not getting any answers. Very poor. 

capone

I’m having same problem.

pin is going to a different number.

Typical of Telstra issues. 

Large1

I too have a problem

I have been offered a $5 month deal, but when I  click on the "score offer" button it takes me to a page offering me $15 month

Not likely 

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Large1,

Thanks for your message, sorry to see you've also had issues redeeming the offer.

It sounds like you are signing into a Telstra ID not associated with the eligible Telstra

mobile service. Please follow the instructions to add a service to an existing Telstra ID:

https://tel.st/845wq

As we do not have access to accounts on Crowd Support, the next step would be to

contact customer support.

Please send us a message in the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App for a team member

to double check your Telstra ID and the associated services.

byjayjeremy

I’m struggling to figure out where to even put the PIN. It would be helpful if the text message would at least send you a link to the location as I can not find it anywhere. Seems like another way of Telstra sucking in customers through advertisement and failing to produce the goods. I seriously don’t bother with Telstra’s offers and promotions anymore. Considering they stole over 100k worth of Telstra Points on my account and haven’t even posted my order since December. 

Twu

I am receiving the PIN but I can’t see where I need to insert it.

Cheekydog

This is still a problem, I get the SMS, no where to enter it, next time I don't get a SMS, I go to the "chat" function on the app as its apparently the best way to get help, that tells me the sever is busy, so no help, I search here, no actual response from Telstra that provides any assistance. This is the worst customer service in Austalia, and I am not only referring to telco's.

Large1

Thanks Aaron, I have recently moved my mobile to a different company. I still have my landline and internet with Telstra. This may rule me out. However, it did say I was eligible 

Cheers 

KDH077

Same issue for me. I get a Redeem PIN via SMS but then nowhere to enter it to claim the Kayo $5/mth. Any customer service here??

johnmo

Same issue when applying for Kayo $15 offer.

It appears that the pop-up window with the one-time PIN entry field is not being launched after the 'Sign up' button is pressed? (Pop-up window with PIN entry field appears when redeeming the Binge offer)

PapaLaz1

I receive the text message but no information regarding where to enter this Telstra one-time pin.

I've tried logging in via my mobile phone, and also the website.

Same result.

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Large1,

Thanks for the update.

To confirm if you are eligible or not, please message us in the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App,

we do not have account access on Crowd Support to check.

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @KDH077,

Sorry to see you've also had some issues redeeming the offer.

Crowd Support is a community forum, to access customer support please

message us in the Get Help of the My Telstra App. No one on Crowd Support 

has access to customer accounts.

I have escalated the issues with the one time pin to the tech support team for

further investigation, as there are now several similar reports.

If we need any further details we'll send a private message to collect.

Please let us know how you go.

PapaLaz

I've just tried it again today. 

The pop up window was present and I was able to enter the PIN from Telstra.

It then should take you to the Kayo site, where you enter an email address, password and mobile number.

The next issue I had was once I had setup Kayo the account it wasn't registering the $5 subscription.

All the sport feeds were locked and I was just registered as a free subscription.

I logged back into Telstra and went through the Kayo offer process again - clicking Sign Up.

This time it sent me to the Kayo site sending a PIN which I entered and I was good to go!

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @johnmo and @PapaLaz1,

Apologies again for any issues redeeming the offer.

There have been several similar reports in the last 24 hours so I have

escalated to the tech support team.

There are still plenty of customers accessing the offer without issue,

so there may be a connecting factor like the device in use etc.

If the tech support team need further details we will send a private message

to collect.

Please let us know how you go, once we get an update we will pass on any details.

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello PapaLaz,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear you got it working.

I will pass on feedback with the process it took to redeem, there

does still appear to be an issue there but glad you managed to redeem

the offer.

David0

I am having the same problem after going to the store on pin was sent. I lodged a complaint and got a call after an hour talking to Telstra said they would send something out again not has been sent. 

overusernames

I’m having the same issues with this fake offer. It sounds like a great deal. We’ve paid for AFL Live Pass in the past - it was free for mobile customers but we didn’t get it last year (criteria on one link said to access live pass before Dec 2020) because we we’re already paying for Kayo. There is another apparent offer which doesn’t have the same criteria for $15 per month - still a nice saving - but of course that doesn’t work and links me to $5 deal that didn’t work. I receive the pins every time  - it just doesn’t work. Why is any interaction with Telstra always have to be so frustrating?

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @overusernames 

Thank you for your post. 

If you did not redeem the AFL Live Pass free of charge in 2020, you would not be eligible for the $5 Kayo offer, which explains why you are unable to redeem it. 

You should however be able to redeem the $15 offer available to Telstra customers who are not eligible for the $5 deal. 

Unfornutately, as no one on CrowdSupport has access to customer accounts, we cannot investigate why the offer is unavailable. 

For further assistance, you will need to contact customer support directly via the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App for further assistance. 

If you're unable to download the My Telstra App, you can log in to your account here: https://tel.st/fuese on a computer/laptop and select the Get Help tab at the top of the screen. You can then select the 'message us' option on the bottom right hand side. 

Kayo also has further instructions on for Telstra customers redeeming offers here: https://tel.st/zpmpz

Whilst this mentions the $5 offer, the steps should be the same for the $15 offer. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

overusernames

Hi @Kjorg,

Thanks for your reply.

As it turns out both mobile devices from our account were subscribed to AFL Pass, which is good and bad (good because we're eligible for this offer, bad because we were unaware). I've been chatting to the robots through the Telstra app over a number of days, although I've been unable to get a straight answer. 

I think this is where the offer could be failing, it states: Not compatible with third party billing platforms. Telstra billing not available for existing Kayo subscribers on another payment method.

I currently have a Kayo subscription which is billed through my Apple ID. Is this the issue, is this billing method considered 3rd party? It said existing subscribers are able to get the offer, but do I need to unsubscribe from my current subscription and resubscribe using my Telstra email, for example?

overusernames

It appears to accept the offer, but then quickly flashes to a new screen. Which says promo not available.

and the charge remains at $24.99 for the next billing period

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @overusernames 

Thank you for getting back to us. 

The Kayo link I provided in my previous response (https://tel.st/kckvx) advises the below regarding Apple Subscriptions: 

3. My Kayo subscription is billed via my Apple account

The Telstra Live Pass offer is not available in conjunction with Apple Billing.

This means, to redeem the Telstra Live Pass offer you will need to follow these steps:

1. Cancel your Apple billed subscription via Apple in your iOS device settings

2. After you have cancelled your Apple subscription, sign in to your Telstra account at https://tel.st/npy2t 

3. Select ‘Sign Up’ to be taken to the Kayo home page

4. Select your Kayo subscription type

5. Follow the prompts to enter your personal and payment details

6. Welcome to Kayo!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

overusernames

@Kjorg 

Thanks, I tried that - cancelled via iOS. I logged in to my Telstra account (which is the same email I used for Kayo) the same invalid prompt appears. My current subscription is still valid until May 6th, is that why it failed again - will it work on May 7, or is it because the email is the same?

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @overusernames 

Thanks for getting back to us.

As we're not Kayo Support, we're unaware of the way their systems work so we cannot confirm whether this is an email address problem, or because your iOS subscription is still valid. 

To find out more about this, I would recommend contacting Kayo Support here: https://tel.st/7gqyd

overusernames

@Kjorg I finally got there! I cancelled my Kayo subscription through apple subscriptions and had to wait until it expired (the next billing period) to be able to sign up again and arrange payment via Telstra. Thanks for sticking with me.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit