Angus6
Level 4: Private Eye

Kayo

I’ve been trying for over two months to get the Kayo offer validated. I contacted the “support” people who told me it couldn’t be fixed. I needed another mobile (not sure if I had to buy another phone or what?). 

I was then told to wait 48 hours for it to magically fix itself. 

how do I get the PIN number?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Kayo

@Angus6 wrote:

I’ve been trying for over two months to get the Kayo offer validated. I contacted the “support” people who told me it couldn’t be fixed. I needed another mobile (not sure if I had to buy another phone or what?). 

Hi @Angus6 

The pin is sent to the primary contact number for the Legal Lessee of the Telstra account.

To update primary contact details, the Legal Lessee will need to contact customer support.

Other issues I have seen with people not getting the PIN sent to their phone, are not accepting the "terms and conditions" and having more than one mobile, inc data broadband, on the same account.

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Angus6

@Ozmoz wrote:

@Angus6 wrote:

Hi @Angus6 

The pin is sent to the primary contact number for the Legal Lessee of the Telstra account.

To update primary contact details, the Legal Lessee will need to contact customer support.

Other issues I have seen with people not getting the PIN sent to their phone, are not accepting the "terms and conditions" and having more than one mobile, inc data broadband, on the same account.

why can’t Telstra contact me? I’m the account holder. This is rubbish how we are treated. 

they need to tell me specifically what I need to do. Buying another phone is rubbish. 

aaron_h
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Angus6,

Sorry to see you've had some issues redeeming the Kayo offer.

No one on Crowd Support has access to accounts, customer support

can be accessed via messaging in the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App.

To redeem the offer, open the link on the Telstra mobile used to redeem the free Live Pass

last season, while connected to mobile data (turn off Wi-Fi). https://tel.st/5nqrv

In order for us to contact you, raise a complaint and have a case manager 

assigned to investigate, you can then nominate how you would like to be contacted.

To start the process, message 'I would like to make a complaint' in the My Telstra App.

Purchasing another phone isn't necessary to update your contact details (or redeem the offer),

although we will need the best mobile number to contact you on.

Kayo also have a support page with detailed step by step instructions on redeeming the offer:

https://tel.st/kcbbn

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Angus6

I’ve tried this. Telstra can’t help. Bunch of morons. 

who can help resolve the issue? I’m told to wait and it will fix itself. It hasn’t. 

if Telstra weren’t so incompetent then someone would actually ring me and talk through this instead of proving that it’s still a sheltered workshop over there. 

why do I need to raise a complaint when I have already contacted Telstra to ask what to do? I’ve been told this can’t be fixed. Then I’m told to wait 48 hours. 

have someone contact me. Why do I have to work out the Telstra lack of contact crap to sort out the issues that Telstra can’t?

Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Angus6

We cannot organise customer callbacks via CrowdSupport, as we do not have access to accounts and cannot go through the identification process to keep your account secure.

And as we don't have access to accounts, we're unable to determine what the issue is with redeeming the Kayo offer. 

For further assistance, you will need to contact customer support directly via the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App. 

If you're unable to download the My Telstra App, you can log in to your account here: https://tel.st/nkuyg on a computer/laptop and select the Get Help tab at the top of the screen. You can then select the 'message us' option on the bottom right hand side. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Angus6

What a crap service Telstra provide. 

turns out that Telstra loaded the wrong phone number as the primary account number. I then am “the only one” who can change it. 

absolute horrible service. The lies and incompetence is unbelievable. 

“Wait 48 hours it will fix itself”

”you need another mobile service.” 

all followed up with “sorry for the inconvenience for 2 months”

what hopeless service. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit