Yawn
Level 1: Cadet

Kayo

I’ve spent too many hours already today, on my phone, trying to get the $5/month Kayo deal. 
I can’t submit the voucher as it shows an error message & suggests I try again later. (over & over)

I’ve tried to join on a desktop computer only to be directed to join through the Telstra website to get the $5 deal. 
It shouldn’t be this hard. 
Does anyone have a solution?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Kayo

I opened the My Telstra app on my iPhone and the offer showed on the Home screen. ($15/m for 12 months)

Give it a try.

Chrisjfoster
Level 2: Rookie

Having same problem with the $15 a month. I am logged into my Telstra but then says cant send message as have to update details! Yet I am logged in to my account and then wont let me change or update details just shows error or try later!! Then they suggest to ring 132200 or whatever the support number is.... then frustration really sets in!!!!

aaron_h
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Yawn,

Thanks for messaging us here on Crowd Support, sorry to see you've had some issues accessing the offer.

The $20 discount off Kayo offer for Telstra mobile customers can only be redeemed through the Telstra website.

Please redeem the Kayo offer on the Telstra mobile device used to redeem the free Live Pass

last season, while connected to mobile data (turn off Wi-Fi).https://tel.st/kk6mf

If there are any further issues, the next step would be to contact customer support via messaging in the Get Help

tab of the My Telstra App (no one on Crowd Support has access to accounts).

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Chrisjfoster,

Thanks for your message.

The pin to redeem the offer is sent to the primary contact number for the Legal Lessee

of your Telstra Account.

If the contact details are incorrect, the Legal Lessee needs to contact us to update 

contact details. The process involves a full identity check to make sure no one is

attempting to steal your identity etc.

The fastest way to contact support would be via messaging in the Get Help tab of the

My Telstra App.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

GREGG2

I have the same problem, have tried multiple times, have logged a complaint by the help link, have logged a complaint by phone , no one has yet come back to me.

@Yawn wrote:

I’ve spent too many hours already today, on my phone, trying to get the $5/month Kayo deal. 
I can’t submit the voucher as it shows an error message & suggests I try again later. (over & over)

I’ve tried to join on a desktop computer only to be directed to join through the Telstra website to get the $5 deal. 
It shouldn’t be this hard. 
Does anyone have a solution?

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @GREGG2,

Sorry to see you've had some issues redeeming the Kayo offer.

As the community member who posted the message originally never got back to us,

it's likely the instructions provided at the time resolved the issue.

Can you also please confirm you are attempting to redeem the offer on the Telstra mobile

device that was used to redeem the free Live Pass in the AFL App last season?

(While connected to Telstra's mobile network, not Wi-Fi). https://tel.st/gnela

If you continue to have any issues, can you please provide further details? (At what point

are you getting stuck, what steps have you already tried etc.)

aplusign

What I don't understand is: If I have been sent an offer by Telstra for $5/month Kayo subscription and I use the link suggested, why do I get directed to a $15/month offer instead.

And I have tried to have this issue resolved by the Telstra App - 'Get Help' support......what an absolute joke and waste of time, the customer service personnel have no idea of the issue or how to resolve it and do not respond to your messages/questions.

Optus wasn't great, but Telstra is now much worse.

Changing supplier....can't be bothered anymore.

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @aplusign,

Thanks for messaging us on Crowd Support.

No one on Crowd Support can access accounts to investigate, although

it sounds like you are not signing into a Telstra ID associated with the eligible service

when following the link.

To access the offer, follow the link (or head to our website) on the Telstra mobile

used to redeem the free Live Pass last season, while connected to mobile data

(turn off Wi-Fi).

You will then have the option to redeem the offer against the eligible mobile service

rather than signing into a Telstra ID.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit