Peter193
Level 2: Rookie

Load of rubbish.

Answered
I've been billed $1. Debited to 30404594 SDF AUSTRALIA AUA can't access anything. Load of rubbish. Want out and don't want any more money going out. Can cope with being robbed of $1 but don't want any more robbery, my age pension isn't sufficiently generous. Guess I'll just have to keep a close eye on my credit card account. Wake up to yourselves!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: Load of rubbish.

Hi @Peter193

Thank you for your enquiry. 

Did you subscribe to AFL Live Pass via the AFL website or via Google Play/iTunes on your device?

Upon first subscribing to AFL Live Pass, $1 is charged to your credit card to ensure it is a valid credit card number.

This $1 will be automatically refunded to the account. 

If you subscribed via AFL.com.au/livepass - you would need to log in with the username/password you used to subscribe.

Please note that you can not access live streaming via the AFL website, this is only available via the AFL Live App on a mobile or tablet. 

You can find instructions here to cancel your subscription if you do not wish to have ongoing charges: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Sports/Unsubscribe-From-AFL-Live-Pass-User-Guide-KB/ta-p/3875...

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Kjorg
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hi @Peter193

Thank you for your enquiry. 

Did you subscribe to AFL Live Pass via the AFL website or via Google Play/iTunes on your device?

Upon first subscribing to AFL Live Pass, $1 is charged to your credit card to ensure it is a valid credit card number.

This $1 will be automatically refunded to the account. 

If you subscribed via AFL.com.au/livepass - you would need to log in with the username/password you used to subscribe.

Please note that you can not access live streaming via the AFL website, this is only available via the AFL Live App on a mobile or tablet. 

You can find instructions here to cancel your subscription if you do not wish to have ongoing charges: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Sports/Unsubscribe-From-AFL-Live-Pass-User-Guide-KB/ta-p/3875...

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @Peter193

My apologies, but what exactly are you finding difficult?

As I have already mentioned, the $1 charge was only to verify your credit card details and will be refunded automatically to your account. 

You can find instructions to cancel your subscription via the link I provided in my previous post.

If you cancel your subscription, you will not have to keep an eye on your bank account, because this will stop any ongoing charges once the free trial period has ended. 

If you do not cancel your subscription, you will continue to be charged $4.99 per week until you cancel.

To access live streaming, you will need to log in to the AFL Live App on a compatible mobile or tablet device using the email address/password you set up upon subscribing. 

To access Full Match Replays via the AFL website, go to http://www.afl.com.au/livepass/match-replays and make sure you are logged in at the top right hand side. 

Peter193

Solution not accepted!
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Problem not described!!
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Peter193

The link is as useless thus I am unable to cancel. What Telstra and the AFL should implement is system where customers who subscribe to a short period option are not billed for perpuity. That is, a system where customers have to opt in rather than out.  If any more money than the $1 goes out of my account I will find the relevant ombudsman and consumer affairs body and make more trouble for your organization than you might imagine possible. In fact they will wish that they had never heard my name. You will inevitably be mentioned. Good luck.

Djwildman

Pretty sure Telstra will be 100% covered and you would just make yourself look like a fool. You would have had to click that you had read and agreed to all term and conditions to the subscription. If you did not read and just clicked the box agreeing then that would be no one else’s fault but your own.

As stated above and in the terms and conditions (which you agreed to) the $1 would not have been full withdrawn. It will be pending or your bank would be holding it for the mandatory time. once Telstra have confirmed the account is legit and has credit they will cancel the withdrawal and the $1 will show back up in your available credit, in your bank account. If you do not cancel your subscription Telstra will then directly withdraw $4.99 at the beginning of each week to keep your subscription acitive. If you go and cancel the subscription on the 24/7 app or site immediately you will avoid paying the weekly fee of $4.99 and the $1 will also show that as available credit in your bank account again.

I suggest that as well as keeping a close eye on your credit account transactions you should also keep a close eye on what you are clicking on and agreeing to. If in the case you do not understand what the terms and condition mean, i recommended that you do not click that you have read + accept because as far as you know you could be agreeing to being chained up out the back of a Telstra store naked to please every unpleased customer until your “Broad Band” has got more coverage than the “NBN” does.
D J Wildman
Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @Peter193

Customers can not subscribe for a short term period to the AFL Live Pass. As per the terms and conditions accepted upon subscribing, all subscriptions are ongoing until cancelled.

"After the free two week trial period, you will be automatically billed $4.99 every 7 days, $16.99 every month, or $99.99 for the first year (365 days), to your nominated credit card or Telstra account, until you cancel your subscription."

To avoid ongoing charges after your free trial period, you need to cancel your subscription via the AFL website the same way you subscribed.

Go to www.afl.com.au/livepass and log in (top right) with the email address and password you used to subscribe, you can then cancel your subscription via the manage my account option.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit