JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Trouble accessing your Live Pass on a second device?

Hi everyone,

We have received some feedback from customers who may be having difficulty accessing or sharing their live pass on a second device. So just to share with you the steps to link your AFL Live Pass with your Telstra ID and then access on your other devices.

So these instructions assume that you have already redeemed your Live Pass on your Telstra Mobile. 

What you will need:

- Your Telstra Mobile

- Another device compatible with the AFL Live Pass

- An internet connection

If you head to our Link your Live Pass page, you can find all the standard steps to link your live pass on your device.

If these steps do not work or if you run into trouble with any of them, I would recommend following the steps below to resolve this issue.

iPhone:

- Turn off Wi-Fi on your iPhone

- Open the AFL App and go to More > My Account > AFL Live Pass

- Press 'Edit Account'

- Press small arrow next to $0 subscription. This should drop down with a cancel subscription button

- Press cancel subscription and confirm

- Exit out of the AFL App. Hold down the icon and make this wiggle. Press the 'x' to uninstall

- Head to the App store and reinstall the AFL App (You can use Wi-Fi for this step)

- Turn off Wi-Fi again and open the AFL App

- Select favourite team, Over 18, location services (which must be on for live matches)

- You should receive confirmation of AFL Live Pass (assuming your Wi-Fi remains off). Press continue.

- Select More > My Account > AFL Live Pass > Link Live Pass

Android:

- Turn off Wi-Fi on your phone

- Open the AFL App and go to More > My Account > AFL Live Pass

- Press 'Edit Account'

- Press small arrow next to $0 subscription. This should drop down with a cancel subscription button

- Press cancel subscription and confirm

- Exit out of the AFL App. 

- Go to “Settings > Application Manager (or Apps) > AFL

- Click “Clear Cache”, “Clear Data” and “Force Stop” in this order

- Re-open the AFL App

- Select favourite team, Over 18, location services (which must be on for live matches)

- You should receive confirmation of AFL Live Pass (assuming your Wi-Fi remains off). Press continue.

- Select More > My Account > AFL Live Pass > Link Live Pass

Once you have completed this process, you will be able to login on other devices using the Telstra ID that you used.

If you have any trouble, please let us know below.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
65 REPLIES 65
kd24
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Trouble accessing your Live Pass on a second device?

Hasn't quite gone as you mentioned,Steps didnt always go the way mentioned including the cancelling on my phone, as I didnt get a clear cache or clear data message only option " force stop". I had to register for it with all details again,to connect to tablet so I hope I am now not charged.
It wouldnt allow me to login, kept getting an error message, so had to register.
Certainly wasn't so convoluted last year to log on with my tablet.
END RESULT, STILL CANT GET IT Wont allow me to sign on with Telstra ID. Wants me to turn off wifi, which if I do, I cant access any content on tablet at all.
kd24

I went to Telstra shop to get help with this and they couldn't connect me either.
What is this issue. No problem last year, is it to do with connecting to NBN as this is the only change by me, same phone, same tablet. Connected to tablet first last year, weeks later connected to phone.
My eyesight is not good enough to watch on a mobile phone.
Why does Telstra offer this service to up to 5 devices when they cant deliver.
I am nearly 70, I have been so stressed over this.
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @kd24 

Thanks for your reply and I am sorry for the trouble redeeming your live pass subscription. 

Can you open the App on your phone (if you have already redeemed) and go to More > My Account > AFL Live Pass. Do you see the link your live pass option? If so, please select this and login with your Telstra ID.

Once you have done this on your phone, try again on your tablet.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

kirrashirley
Level 1: Cadet

cant see link live pass option

kirrashirley

when i try via :
Open the AFL App and go to More > My Account > AFL Live Pass
- Press 'Edit Account' redirects to hub.telstra.com.au but nothing comes up
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @kirrashirley

If you can't see the link your live pass option, then please follow the instructions provided in the main post on the device you redeemed your live pass.

Once you have done this, check to see if the link option is available.

If you're still having trouble, please let me know.

Thanks

RobC2010
Level 2: Rookie

I can’t get it work on a Samsung Galaxy tab. I have registered and it works fine on both my iPhone and iPad, but each time I have tried to login on the Samsung it comes up saying welcome back, but then on the main screen the Telstra AFL live logo is not green. If I click on it again it says that I’m logged in, but whenever I try to watch a game it asks me to turn off wifi.
I don’t recall if I did link my live pass when I registered in January, but I can access on 2 Apple devices but not the Samsung. I don’t even see an option to link my live pass when I follow the instructions mentioned.
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @RobC2010

Firstly, How exactly did you subscribe? (In app purchase, AFL.com.au, Club Digital membership or our 2017 AFL Live Pass Offer) 

If you purchased an in-app subscription on an iOS device, then you would only be able to restore the purchase on other iOS devices.

The other purchase options are registered through the AFL Website and you can use your Telstra ID to login on other devices. 

If charged to a Credit Card, the charge description will be listed as one of these options:

Telstra Applications Melbourne = Subscribed via Website
GOOGLE *Telstra CorpGOOGLE.COM = In App subscription via Google Play
APPLE ITUNES STORE SYDNEY = In App Subscription via iTunes

Let me know if you have been charged by 'Telstra Applications Melbourne' or your a Telstra Mobile customer.

Thanks

RobC2010

Thanks for the reply Jesse.
I am a Telstra Mobile customer so subscribed through the Telstra AFL Live offer.
I think I was on my iPad (wifi only) at the time I received notification to re-register for 2018, so I registered by using my Telstra ID, not by turning off wifi and using 4G as I could have done on my phone.
I thought all was fine because I’d been able to watch on both phone and iPad and it was only yesterday we discovered the Samsung won’t work.
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

@RobC2010 You should be able to login with your Telstra ID on your other devices to access your subscription if you have already registered with that.

I am happy to check this out any confirm for you though. I will send you a private message now.

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

RobC2010

Thanks, that’s why I was so confused. I had successfully registered already so I didn’t know why it wouldn’t just login with ,y account ID on the Samsung.
Have replied to the private message.
RobC2010

Just updating that it’s all working now thanks to assistance from Jesse. Thank you for sorting it out.
kd24

I tried this some time ago, I dont have "link your live pass option"
otherwise I would have sorted this out, as I followed this formula to no avail.
kd24

I see others are having problems with the Samsung tablet which is what mine is. Wasn't a problem last year though.
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

@kd24 Everyone that I have spoken with who has run through these steps on their device has been able to link their subscription after going through this steps exactly. Some have reported that they needed to do this on the first device that they redeemed their subscription with.

I recommend trying this again and let me know how you go.

kd24

I am giving up, no link pass option, can't use sign in details on tablet.
Interesting that when I did registration on my tablet,mistakenly Telstra happy to link me if I paid subscription!!!!
I signed out of that, when I realised.
Brettrae

Hi I purchased my AFL live pass via the AFL app on my iPad only to discover later that this method does not allow me to use my annual pass on my android phone or my windows browser. This is unbelievable and is not noted when you purchase via the app. How do I link this with my Telstra I’d and use my subscription across all my devices as I should be able (and did last year as I purchased it via my browser)?
JohnBsail

Re afl live pass

Hi, I am on telstra network via a Aldi sim card

am I entitled to free afl live pass?

Best regards

John

<number removed to protect your privacy on this public forum

JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Re afl live pass

Hey @JohnBsail

Thanks for your post and only Telstra Mobile customers would be eligible for a free live pass.

Other providers that use the Telstra network are not eligible to redeem this offer.

Thanks

Bradc_wa

Hi.
Nothing worked as you said!
I recently resubscribed for the season (against my better judgment as i had a lot of problems laay year as well) this time on my android phone via the Google play store. I also have an iPad that I want to watch AFL on.
The app works on the android phone but not the iPad. When I tried to follow your instructions, I click AFL LIVE PASS but have no $0 option. So I can't unsubscribe. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it but still no luck.
How do I make the app work on my iPad if I can't unsubscribe?
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Bradc_wa

Thanks for your post and this post refers customers using a Telstra ID, so you would need to have registered through the AFL website.

If you have purchased an in-app subscription through Google Play or iTunes, then you can only share with compatible devices on the same operating system.

Did you purchase your subscription through Google Play?

Thanks

ValeSpengler

For some reason the system will not allow me to post a new question. The screen just blinks and the Question field greys out for a moment.

SO I'm asking here:

I purchased Live Pass on App Store years ago and am re-billed each year.
However now I cannot see replays on the web site.
Please let me know how to fix this problem. It seems that the system has been changed with regard to replays and nobody made any real effort to tell me about it. I assume it is buried in your terms etc but who reads those?

I'd like a refund via the App store purchase or to have it transferred to a web site purchase. Do you have a support phone number so I can speak to somebody?
kd24

OK I have deleted the app on both devices. Trying to go through tablet first this time, but wants me to buy a subscription.
I will go to Telstra shop tomorrow again and ask them to try and connect me on this tablet if not able, I am going to cancel my Telstra accounts, as I only stayed with Telstra when I changed to NBN because I wanted to have this app on my tablet. Can't watch it on my phone as my eyesight not good enough.
This forum has not helped me as you keep telling me to go to Lin option which my phone did not have. There are a lot of people on this forum who have the same problem as me have been able to connect and some still have not.
If this is so easy, why have staff at Telstra shop given up trying when I have gone there, following these instructions?
RobC2010

Kd24,
I initially signed up on my iPad and had it working on my iPad and iPhone, but not a Samsung tablet.
I had to open the AFL app and my account on the iPad, then cancel subscription. Then after deleting the apps and reinstalling on both iphone and iPad, i turned off wifi and using 4G I opened the app on my phone and it automatically detected I was eligible for the offer.
Then when I went into my account, AFL Live Pass, the option to link my account was displayed.
Braddon

I have the same problem. Subscribed with auto renewal via the AFL app. Now can't access replays or watch it through my laptop. I have set up an account for a telstraID it asks to pay?  Should i have to pay twice for the same product?  Can you help?

kd24

OK So I went to Telstra shop and they said they dont know anything about this issue, so I uninstalled from both devices then reinstalled and I got a link another device option this time. However I also received a message saying we will email you when you can link another device. Is this something that will take considerable time, as the message on the phone was 4 hours ago.?
kd24

You are lucky, I am still trying to link. OK So I went to Telstra shop today and they said they dont know anything about this issue, so I uninstalled from both devices then reinstalled and I got a " link another device" option this time. However I also received a message saying we will email you when you can link another device. Did you have to wait?
RobC2010

At least it’s looking better for now. I don’t think I had to wait long for the email, I think it probably arrived within 5-10 minutes. If it hasn’t arrived maybe just try logging in on the 2nd device.
kd24

Can you help with this latest problem. I finally got the "Link another device" option
next step was message on phone is.'Thanks for loggong In. We will send you an email confirmation when your Live Pass is ready to be used on other devices'
.HOW LONG DO i HAVE TO WAIT FOR THIS EMAIL?????????????
ToneB
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @kd24,

If you try your credentials on the other device (more > my account > login) does this work?

- ToneB

kd24

Cant login using user name and passwoed on new device and because it is eeifi only no sim card i cant turn wifi off as suggested.i
ToneB
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks @kd24.

That's fine, you do not need a SIM card on the second device to register the live pass. Just as long as you linked your subscription on your Telstra Mobile in the first place.

I would suggest to start over again on your new device (which is not the Telstra phone) and follow these steps.

- If on Android go to settings > Apps > AFL > Storage > Clear Data > Clear Cache > Back > Uninstall

- If on iOS (Apple device) uninstall the AFL App by holding down your finger until it wiggles then pressing the 'x' button

- Reinstall the AFL App from Google Play or App store

- Open then AFL App. This should appear brand new

- Select favourite team, over 18, location data (which must be on for live match steaming)

- You will encounter a page about Telstra Live pass. Click ‘No thanks’ (because you're not on the actual Telstra Mobile)

- Click ‘More’ (three dots)

- Click ‘My Account’

- Click ‘My Account / Login’ (Note do not select AFL Live Pass Subscription)

- Sign in here with your Telstra ID details created on your Telstra Mobile.

Your access should then be made available on the second device.

- ToneB

Braddon

OK, i am going to start again.

I have a subscription through the AFL app that auto renews with iTunes. My subscription in the past has allowed me to go onto my laptop and watch the replays through my web browser.

At the moment, i can't access the replays on my laptop. (The app sucks, the screen size is poor, it is then further condensed to put unless data all around the side waisting more landscape, so i prefer to watch replays via my laptop). Apparently i have a TelstraID (i am not a Telstra Customer) and i have updated my details so i can log onto the AFL Live Pass section of the afl.com.au website. When i go to the watch replays section of the videos tab, it informs me i need an AFL live pass subscription. I believe i have paid for access to the content via the afl app. Why can't i access replays via my laptop? Any help would be great.

I see most of the responses and replies here have been about a secondary device but i don't think this is relevant to my situation. HELP PLEASE.

ToneB
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Braddon,

Subscriptions via iTunes (in-app purchases charged on your credit card statement as "Apple SYD") does not provide access to the premium features via the AFL website. I'm not sure if you have had a subscription via The AFL Live Pass Website previously however in the past iTunes subscriptions does not provide cross-platform access to the AFL Website to watch match replays via a laptop. Unfortunately you will not be able to link your live pass with this subscription as per the terms of the AFL Live Pass. AFL Website access is not an advertised feature within the iTunes store.

- ToneB

kd24

Went through all those steps, and get the usual "An error has occurred" this appears in both lines of login
I used same login details I always use to access Telstra online.
kd24

Thank you, Have tried all again and after 3 weeks I am finally on my second device. The "No thanks "was the key to this
ToneB
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Great to hear @kd24! Sing out if you have any further questions. Enjoy the footy.

- ToneB

Benellinut

I cant get my desktop linked. I dont know where you think the 'link live pass' is but I cant find any links either in app or desktop to link account. Through desktop i try to watch replays only to be asked to subscribe. I have a ongoing monthly subscription to AFL live so why cant i connect desktop??
Benellinut

There is no 'Link pass' option
Benellinut

No 'edit account either
Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Benellinut

Thank you for your enquiry. 

There is an option in-app to link your live pass

If you go to More > My Account > AFL Live Pass > Link Your Live Pass (green button) 

If you do not see this option, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the AFL Live App before trying again. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

tonyg

I have just realised that AFL live pass have been taking $14.99 out of my account for over a year. I had no idea. I never wanted this subscription, I never used it, I never received any notification apart from the charge on my credit card which I have not noticed until now. I thought it was my wife's prepaid bill This is disgraceful I want my money back.
Benellinut

This is the screen I have on my phone.. No green button, no 'link accounts'.. just subscription details. Ive reinstalled the app twice and nothing has changed. My phone is the only device i can access.. desktop and iPad, I can login but my subscription isn't recognised.

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @Benellinut

Thanks for that screenshot - did you purchase your subscription via iTunes? 

If so, you won't be able to link this subscription to the AFL website. Subscriptions purchased via iTunes will only be accessible on Apple devices which use the same AppleID.

If your iPad is signed into a different AppleID, this is why it is not recognising your subscription.

You would not need to sign in, only restore your subscription. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Mickey980

Hi I can’t access afl live viewing on my Samsung tablet app but it works on my iPhone and I can’t link account I followed these steps and don’t work.
Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @Mickey980

Thank you for your enquiry, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with AFL Live Pass.

To confirm - did you purchase your subscription via iTunes?

Dan_G

Hi, none of JesseS' advice worked but this worked perfectly and got me up and running, after much frustration. Thank you.
Mickey980

Yes I got it thru itunes is it true that you can only use on same operating system ios or android?
Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @Mickey980

That's correct.

Unfortunately, subscriptions purchased via iTunes will only be accessible on other Apple devices which are logged in to the same AppleID.

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit