BuildThisLove
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Unable to redeem $5 per month Kayo offer with AFL Live Pass

Answered

I click the offer, get a one time SMS code and then get an error page 'Sorry Looks like something went wrong on our end - We're working on the problem so try again later' I've been trying for three days now.

Any fix for this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BuildThisLove
Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to redeem $5 per month Kayo offer with AFL Live Pass

and in further news.

I don't know if it's due to pestering so many people.

Or if something was broken and is now fixed?

I have now signed up though. I followed exactly the same process as I've been following for a week and after the SMS, the code this time worked and let me in.

It, however, did ask me for credit card details, earlier it was clear this would be a charge on the Telstra account!?

Maybe they had too many issues with people's accounts and hence the error messages?

Those who didn't get it to work, try now, hope it works for you also!!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
42 REPLIES 42
MalFootscray
Level 2: Rookie

I have the same problem. It’s a pain in the ar$e !!!!

any fix ???

any Telstra staff able to help 😄

Grant222
Level 1: Cadet

The link works for me but when the page loads it is charging $15pm not the advertised $5 

Spaceman212

I have the same issue

Bop73

My account is the same more or less but when i log into the email sent it states the Kayo $5 offer is not valid for my account so confused why telstra would email me the offer then advise im not legible. 

Meach

Same!

jayt61

Same here!!

Timesup

Same. Some friends have been able to redeem but I have been trying again for a while now. Come on Telstra it's nearly footy season! 😡

Novus

exact same issues, online chat has advised me they are unable to give a time when this will be fixed and to try again tomorrow

PBo

I went through the whole procedure a couple of times - got the right authorizations and then the message that the code could not be accepted.  I had an extensive chat with the Kayo "agent" who, after trying everything said - you need to contact Telstra.  I have been a Telstra AFL subscriber since mid-2019, and am an existing Kayo subscriber - both of which are requirements for the so called "offer".  So TELSTRA - the ball is in your court to provide us all with some straight forward advice on your offer.

Bop73

Here here well said, another patiently waiting customer.

squeekums

I get similar but it sends the code to the wrong number even though it has right one on first page

davemcd
Level 3: Gumshoe

Mine as well.. Went through to swap $15 ($10 off plan) to $5 ($20 off plan) and failed.

then set my Kayo to no discount and cancelled the $10 off one. Smiley Sad

Chat is so slow they ping you back 2-3 hours later

You think now 12 months on since COVID Telstra set something up better then the chat they have. 

First 2 chat people had no idea.. third raised a case

Mmmmmm5

I have same the same issue for days,

hours of chatting and an incident report number made yet still no answer. If I turn off my wifi and log into the hub from my mobile number it shows the $5 deal, but if I log in with bigpond account number it shows the $15 deal. Does it have anything to do with adding another telstra id to the account or was originally an AFL live subscription done through mobile number rather than bigpond account? 
Somehow after trying many times it clicked through to the kayo website and said voucher accepted, $5 per month! Unfortunately I accidentally closed the tab at the final screen and now am back to the same error screen! Incredibly frustrating!

gothioso

i cant redeem even though it says my ipad data account is eligible, but then it tells me it has sent an sms which i never get, im assuming the plan im on cant receive sms, and speaking to chat on the telstra is useless they have no idea what the issue is or how to resolve it

-AL1

Same here

Bearsuit

Same Same ....email suggests $5/mth, hit link that took me to Telstra page saying I am eligible for $15/mth!!.....

BuildThisLove

I wonder if anyone has gotten it to work for them!!

I also have a separate ipad plan and have also been subscribed to afl live pass - that one just gives me the $15 option......

I don't even know who to talk to, as no-one seems to know anything or be able to help

davemcd
Level 3: Gumshoe

i just checked and it was back to click on.

I did mine on the desktop.. Logged into Kayo first this time and looks to have worked.

EightyG

Same issue here, have tried through both Telstra Hub & Kayo, but Kayo is asking for a voucher code to apply in order to reduce the price (obviously don't have one)... frustrating so close to the start of the new season not to have been given any advance notice of this as an existing business mobile customer

Mmmmmm5

I am in shock I have been able to sign up! After 3 days of messaging on Facebook messenger, Telstra text message and my telstra app and repeating myself, being given the runaround and hand balled to other departments I have found a solution that worked for me without the help of Telstra agents. I used the hub link on my computer on safari and it showed only my bigpond account and a $15 deal, after trying a few times under a different telstra id I had an option of being elegible through my phone number, it didn’t work again tried once more and I am in got the deal. Good luck

Bop73

Im spewing i cant find my email with link in it now BOOOOOO

BuildThisLove

Mmmmmm5

EightyG

Edit to above: Despite my best efforts, the only place I can get the $5 offer to even appear is by bringing up the offers link via the MyTelstra App, following through the prompts, get the confirmation SMS to my phone, then get the "try again later" error message...

As I implemented my NRL subscription directly via the Telstra mobile network as a Telstra mobile (business) customer, and remain a Telstra customer, it would have made at least SOME sense to notify me of these changes via at least SMS prior to them being implemented, as charging customers an additional $10 a month purely because the link their own app advises them of $5 to convert existing subscriptions from one platform to another IS NOT WORKING is, at best, deceptive and misleading conduct

BuildThisLove

If you open the afl/nrl app, there’s a link saying live pass is dead, with a link

there.

https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/kayo-live-pass-offer?webview=true

Bop73

Outstanding, thank you very much!

EightyG

If you have read my response, I outline that I go through this process right through to receiving confirmation text messages, but after entering the code received via text, it gives an error message... (see my initial reply in this thread). I stand by my last comment. Failure to sort this out is essentially a TPA / ACL breach

BuildThisLove

No need to tell me, I’m the OP with this problem!!!!!!🤪

Mozza01

Same for me - only it seems to send the one time pin to the wrong number!

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The failure to be able to purchase something isn't covered by the Trades Practices Act. It only comes into force after you have handed over your money.

The best way to get it resolved is to lodge it as a formal complaint (as the problem involves issues with both Telstra's and Kayo's system) via https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
BuildThisLove

Here's some further info Telstra have given me, it doesn't help me though.

I'd recommend referring to the information here https://tel.st/mjeay. To check your eligibility and claim this offer, please complete the webform at https://tel.st/c8h6q. Hope that helps & if you have any other questions, please let me know.

BuildThisLove

Update: AFL and NRL Live Pass Contact Form

I used the contact form and after some back and forth with Telstra got this......

This webform is to provide vouchers to non-Telstra customers, we are

not able to assist with redeeming the offers for Telstra customers.

The fastest way to contact support would be to message us in the Get Help

tab of the My Telstra App, a complaint can also be raised in the same spot

if you would like to escalate the issue.

BuildThisLove
Accepted Solution

and in further news.

I don't know if it's due to pestering so many people.

Or if something was broken and is now fixed?

I have now signed up though. I followed exactly the same process as I've been following for a week and after the SMS, the code this time worked and let me in.

It, however, did ask me for credit card details, earlier it was clear this would be a charge on the Telstra account!?

Maybe they had too many issues with people's accounts and hence the error messages?

Those who didn't get it to work, try now, hope it works for you also!!

View solution in original post

2Sassie

Try again now. It wasn’t working for me for the last few days and it worked today

BuildThisLove

please see above!

EightyG

Beautiful... They must have sorted something out, as it works for me too... Hopefully contacting them directly will be able to sort out integration onto the Telstra Bill, but for now, it'll do as a work around

EightyG

Point noted to a degree, and as it appears to have been rectified, albeit with the requirement to enter card details meaning the issue is now moot, but back in my retail days, I was led to believe that deceptive & misleading conduct in TPA/ACL was an issue even in pre-sales. Though I concede this may have been ill informed... anyway, all's well that eventually ends well... Cheers.

Timtimtim2

Same

@Meach wrote:

Same!

maryrose234

I am unsure either

Cam4569

Try to redeem the offer using your mobile device (phone or tablet) won’t work.  You need to use a computer, log on you your telstra account and subscribe from there.  I tried for weeks using my phone/iPad with no luck only to drive me nuts.  First attempt using The My Telstra website via a computer worked.  I not only redeemed my offer, but updated my existing subscription from $25 to $5... I was expecting to have to cancel and create a new account.  It’s the useless AFL app that creates the problem as it gives the expectation that it will work from their app. 

GREGBUN

I cannot get afl live

Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @GREGBUN

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing redeeming the Kayo offer for Telstra customers. 

Unfortunately, as no one on CrowdSupport has access to customer accounts, we cannot investigate why you're unable to redeem the offer. 

Kayo had provided detailed instructions here: https://tel.st/9uaae

If you require further assistance, you will need to contact customer support directly via the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App. 

If you're unable to download the My Telstra App, you can log in to your account here: https://tel.st/f5bh4 on a computer/laptop and select the Get Help tab at the top of the screen. You can then select the 'message us' option on the bottom right hand side. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit