Datrat
Level 2: Rookie

Unable to redeem Kayo offer with AFL Live Pass depricated

Hi there, I require some assistance. I have been a user of AFL Live Pass made available with my Telstra mobile phone plan. I have followed the process to check eligibility to the $5/month Kayo offer which states that I am eligible. When I continue to log into my existing Kayo subscription, I got the message "Promo not available for selected product" and has instead activated my account to the standard $25/month plan. It appears to allow an existing Kayo subscription to accept the offer, but the voucher code it is passing in the URL does not appear to apply. Any guidance?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
The_Captain
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Unable to redeem Kayo offer with AFL Live Pass depricated

I have the exact same issue.....

BuildThisLove
Level 5: Eagle Eye

I also cannot redeem. I click the offer, get a one time SMS code and then get an error page 'Sorry Looks like something went wrong on our end - We're working on the problem so try again later' I've been trying for three days now.

So seems like there's a myriad of problems.......

Bighorse1

I’m having the same problem. Been chatting with Kayo all afternoon and everything lines up at their end but Telstra is not playing the game

TK_76

100% I have been trying to redeem but keep getting the exact same problem. It’s a frustration for sure.

aaron_h
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Datrat,

Thank for your message, apologies for the delayed response.

It looks like you have followed the process to redeem the offer, the issue in your case looks to be a billing issue with Kayo.

Please contact Kayo support https://tel.st/3xnwd for them to look into it from their side.

To escalate within Telstra, please message us in the Get Help tab of the My Telstra App for a team member to investigate.

Please let us know if there are any further questions or concerns.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Datrat

Hi @aaron_h,

I have not had any success with Kayo support and they suggest to go through Telstra support. I'll escalate within Telstra as you suggest and see how it goes.

CatC1

Having the same issues as Datrat. 
Looks like I will have to escalate the issue with Telstra to try to get the $5 Kayo subscription. 

FAD1

Hi

I am having the same issue, i am eligible for $5/month Kayo and after subscription when i try to watch a game , Kayo asking me full access which is $25/month...

is someone getting that issue?

FAD1

I have also received the sms code and everything works fine but when i try to watch a game I got a message from Kayo to get full access... means i have to pay 25/month and not $5/month...

looks like some wrong Advertisement from Telstra...

Not sure what ido...

Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @FAD1

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing redeeming the Kayo offer for Telstra customers. 

Unfortunately, as no one on CrowdSupport has access to customer accounts, we cannot investigate why the offer is unavailable.

We can speculate that you may be logged in with the wrong details, but again cannot check your account details. 

For further assistance, you will need to contact customer support directly via the Get Help tab of the My Telstra app.

If you're unable to download the My Telstra App, you can log in to your account here: https://tel.st/hppg4 on a computer/laptop and select the Get Help tab at the top of the screen. You can then select the 'message us' option on the bottom right hand side. 

Alternatively, you can contact Kayo here: https://tel.st/5xgrt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Kempsta1

Disappointed,  joined Telstra because of the afl live app,  now pulled the pin,  cough up for the $5 Kayo offer but can’t stream the game and it tells me I have o pay $25 per month for full access.   Telstra, this is really incompetent!  I have Foxtel via Telstra and can’t watch it via the app either.  Don’t offer if you can’t deliver.  I have over $50k other services fees with through my business with Telstra but it’s time to find someone who can deliver

Goose58

Well said Bro that's the same thing that happened to ME. Tryed to put in the package for $5 and thy keeped charging me $25 every month i must of trued at least 12 times for the $5 until i said SCREW YOU and Cancelled everything. I've been with TELSTRA for 45yrs maybe it's time to CHANGE. BEING THERE NO1 CUSTOMER IT SHOULD BE FREE WITH ALL THE ADD'S GOING ON IT PAYS FOR IT SELF. COME ON TELSTRA GIVE US A BRAKE. 

whateverrr

I am having a similar issue, offered $15 a month kayo and was trying since 7am yesterday to get the issue sorted, even contacted kayo directly, they said it was telstra hub issue, came back to telstra, they said it was a kayo issue. I have used kayo in the past twice over and never had a problem with them, telstra on the other hand, well, we are not friends at all... I wasted well over 4 hours repeatedly trying, then trying other methods and it's now been escalated also, with a response time of between 24-72 hours! In the end the telstra staff member told me the exact same thing i told them 3-4 hours earlier. It is very disappointing, especially when with these wiz I.T. people they could dig in and have it sorted in no doubt under an hour... but instead probably thousands of people are left hanging and wondering, not being able to watch a sporting event they probably planned their day/evening around. Someone will no doubt and gift us all with a lame excuse as to why this has happened... i am certain of that!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit