Scoza05
Level 3: Gumshoe

Watching replays on the AFL website

I have a live pass so can watch replays on my phone but can't on the AFL website due to it being under a different log in (under my wife's info).  What do I need to do to watch replays on the AFL website?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
ToneB
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Watching replays on the AFL website

Hi @Scoza05,

Thanks for your post.

To clarify, how did you (or your wife) subscribe to the AFL Live Pass? Was this via www.afl.com.au/livepass, via the Telstra Live Pass offer on a Telstra Mobile or via an in-app subscription on Google Play or iTunes?

Please note that in-app subscriptions (charged 'Google TLS' or 'Apple Syd' on your credit card) do not cross platform and does not provide access to the premium features on the AFL Website.

If you subscribed via the Telstra Live Pass offer you will need to link your subscription within the AFL App on your phone to a Telstra ID. To do this...

• Turn off Wi-Fi on your Telstra Mobile
  • Open AFL App
  • Click ‘More’ bottom right hand corner with three dots
  • Click ‘My Account’
  • Click ‘AFL Live Pass’
  • This should give you a welcome back page. Click ‘Link your live pass’
  • Here you can log in with your Telstra ID.

Once you have your Telstra ID (which are also the login details for subscriptions via the AFL Live Pass website) you can then access match replays via www.afl.com.au/livepass/match-replays/

I trust the above will clarify your access to match replays. If you have any further difficulties please let us know.

- ToneB

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Scoza05

I subscribed to the AFL Live Pass through the AFL app.

I followed your steps but when I get the screen saying welcome back there's no option to link your live pass. The screen shows the plan details and that's it.
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks @Scoza05. If the link your live pass option is not appear on your device, check out our post here: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/AFL-Live/Trouble-accessing-your-Live-Pass-on-a-second-device/... and follow the steps as this should make the link option appear.

Let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Scoza05

I tried following those steps JesseS but after tapping on AFL Live Pass where does 'Edit Account' appear? Can't see it. The only options apart from the five menu options along the bottom are '24x7 support' and 'FAQ's'. I tried to go into settings on my phone and cancel the subscription in there but still no 'link live pass'.

Have never experienced a more difficult and frustrating process just to watch replays on my computer! Why do you make it so hard to do??
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

You should be able to see it on the subscription page of the App. Eg.

Image-1.jpg

Scoza05

After tapping on AFL Live Pass this is the screen I get [URL=http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/scoza/media/Misc/A2BE0B5A-89EF-4F42-9088-5758724DBB5B_zpsxsdcrfaa....]. Completely different to yours. I have WIFI turned off.
Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Scoza05

Thank you for your response. 

To clarify - did you subscribe via GooglePlay/iTunes?

If you subscribed in-app via GooglePlay or iTunes, you will unfortunately not be able to access this subscription on the AFL website. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

greggy20
Level 1: Cadet

What's the rationale for not being able to watch it on your computer, if you bought your subscription in-app? Same companies involved, same price, fewer features.

Frustrating, annoying.

Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @greggy20

Thank you for your enquiry, my apologies for your frustration. 

Unfortunately, an in app purchase is not the same as a subscription purchased via AFL.com.au/livepass. Whilst they both provide similar content, they are through different billing systems & in app purchases won't have the ability to be used on other platforms when purchased via a specific one. Similar to how a video game purchased for a specific brand of console won't work on a different brand of console.

So you're aware, it is common for apps or subscriptions purchased on specific platforms to not work on different platforms. When you purchase via this method, access to premium content is restricted to the platform where the In-App subscription was made.

Thank you

Scoza05

So if I cancel my subscription through the AFL app and then subscribe via the AFL website will I be able to watch games live on the app and watch replays on the AFL website?
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

@Scoza05 That is correct. If you wish to subscribe via the AFL Website head to https://id.afl.com.au/livepass and follow the subscription steps.

Let me know if you need any further help with this process.

Thanks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit