MAJO1
Level 1: Cadet

Why is the AFL Live Pass still deducting weekly amounts of money from my bank account

Hi. I had a weekly live Pass that I was paying for when I was an Optus mobile customer last year (2017). As of Christmas 2017 I switched to a Telstra mobile XL plan and by default received a complimentary AFL Live pass. The problem is that I am still being charged for an AFL Live Pass subscription at a weekly rate of $4.99. I cancelled my subscription to AFL Live Pass in November 2017, Before I entered into a Telstra mobile contract in December 2017. I require a cease payment from my direct debit account and full reimbursement for all monies taken to date. Getting to the bottom of this issue has been a nightmare. I assume this is a deliberate policy to frustrate and weary customers into giving up before they achieve their objective. I have been bounced around to several Telstra departments via phone, to now being coerced into registering onto a Telstra crowdsupport blog site, with no insurances that anyone will acknowledge my post. The Ombudsman will be notified if no action on Telstra's behalf has been taken to rectify this issue. I am currently exhausted from navigating the labyrinth of multilayered confusion that Telstra calls their business structure. Sincerely, Frustrated Customer.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
ToneB
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Why is the AFL Live Pass still deducting weekly amounts of money from my bank account

Hi @Majo,

Thanks for reaching out to us and I sincerely apologise for the difficulties had with the billing of your AFL Live Pass. I will gladly look into this further with you.

I noticed you private messaged us. As I will require further information from you I will respond to you there shortly.

- ToneB

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit