Scorpio1
Level 3: Gumshoe

A20 phone only rings 5 times

All of a sudden my A20 only rings four or five times before shutting down. If I can manage to get my hands on it before it stops ringing the screen is either blank or covered with ads or scenes making it impossible to answer. 

tuxedo

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: A20 phone only rings 5 times

The blank screen or screen covered with ads/scenes situation, existing before a phone call arrives?

Are the calls that cause this from specific numbers or is it every call?

Is this a new phenomenon? 

What used to happen, did the calls go to Messagebank ?

Is it a Pre-Paid or Post-Paid service?

Just trying to understand what is happening here?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

I would be querying as to what you have installed on your phone as it shouldn't be coming up with ads or scenes on it.

Maybe a factory reset is in order. That should clear up that problem.

To extend the ring time, type **61*101**30# (the 30 could be between 15 to 55 in 5 seconds increments)

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Hi @Jupiter,

Thanks for posting that the ring time can go to 55 seconds.

I had mine set for 30 seconds and after reading your post I tried entering 55 seconds...Woohoo it worked😊

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

That is interesting. There is a wiki page that  states that the maximum ring time is “30 seconds”

Smiley3

Over the 6 year's I've been replying to customer's on how to extend the ring time I've always stated that 30 seconds was the longest ring time because of that webpage.

I do remember reading a post month's ago that someone suggested 55 seconds was the longest...might have been @SteveW_52 .

At the time I didn't want to test it because my ring time then was already about 50 seconds and I didn't want to lose that.

It wasn't until 3 week's ago that I needed to extend the ring time from 7 rings after Telstra changed my Pre-Paid plan. 

I spoke to Telstra consultant on the phone, she said type 30 in. 

The Telstra consultant's both in-store and on the phone always state that 30 seconds is the longest. 

This is an example that what Telstra puts on their webpage's and what Telstra consultant's tell us is not always correct. 

If it wasn't for this Crowdsupport Community forum customer's wouldn't know that 55 seconds is really the longest ring time. 😉

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Jupiter

They've aligned the mobile system so that it behaves in much the same manner as the landline system now.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit