Orange74
Level 1: Cadet

Can anyone help pls as I cannot send a text message. If I send as MMS it will send. Really annoying

Have just got a new phone number and SIM card from the Telstra shop have been able to make voice calls receive text messages and calls only send MMS messages I would like to fix so I can send text messages please
KAG

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Can anyone help pls as I cannot send a text message. If I send as MMS it will send. Really an...

Hi Orange74, 

Sorry to hear of the SMS issue you have been having. 

Does all seem ok for SMS settings on the handset? What type of handset do you have?

If settings are ok and you are still not able to send, our Mobile Faults team can assist any time on 132200 (say mobile fault) or via Live Chat here:  http://tel.st/8jgx from 7am-midnight EST. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Orange74
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Can anyone help pls as I cannot send a text message. If I send as MMS it will send. Really annoy

Still un able to send text pls can someone ring me to help with this as it has taken me 4weeks to find this reply
KAG
Hunter-IT
Level 20: Director

Re: Can anyone help pls as I cannot send a text message. If I send as MMS it will send. Really annoy

If its a handset issue a factory reset should resolve it. Back up data first. If that fails its probably an issue with settings from telstras end go to a telstra shop.
I am not a Telstra employee, so all opinions are my own, I have been around Telstra products a long time and have a reasonably strong general tech knowledge. .

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit