Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Cannot view Data Bank

I'm a Pre-Paid max user with 200gb in my databank. Since updating from Telstra 24/7 to My Telstra app my data bank has gone missing. 

I have spent 40 minutes searching through all aspects of the app but nowhere is there access to or mention of the Data Bank.

I also cannot find anywhere In my account at telstra.com on my laptop that I can view my data bank.

Any clues?

cheers

Mike

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Cannot view Data Bank

In the My Telstra app, if you tap on Services, then your service, scroll down to Balance Summary and it should be the top item.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

G'day Jupiter,

Followed your instructions to 'then your service'. At that point there is no 'balance summary'. Can I post screenshots here?

I have a data remaining and days left. And 'recharge now'. Then a heading 'do more with your plan'.

That's it.

No scroll down, no other headings.

This is what has me confused!

cheers

Mike

Highlighted

I get this:

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Hi @emmsee,

Do you have more than 1 Telstra ID in your Profile section of the App (the Person Icon top right of the screen)?

I see what you're describing with my Pre-paid Max service if I have my Mum's Telstra ID highlighted in the Profile section.

If I have my Telstra ID highlighted in the Profile section of the App then I can see the same as what @Jupiter posted when I select my Pre-paid service on the Services page.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted

G'day Smiley3 & Jupiter,

My Telstra doesn't look like Jupiter's image and I only have one profile:

As you can see nothing here helps me resolve this.

Any other suggestions?

cheers

Mike 

Highlighted

The problem is that you are not logged in to your account. It is only showing you the basic device information.

Go to the Telstra website and log in to "My Account" using your Telstra ID, then go to Settings->Account Settings->Add Account and add your Prepaid.

Then log in to the My Telstra app on your phone and you should be able to see all the account details for your Prepaid service (basically it's telling you to do that where it says "Do more with your plan", ie log in)

Highlighted

I followed your instructions to the letter.

Logged into my Telstra app and when I click on 'view your usage and manage your mobile service' the result is a 'something went wrong'

We're having trouble showing details of this service. Please try again in a few minutes.

I've rebooted the phone and reloaded the app 6 times in 24 hours and still receive the same message.

Back to square one!

cheers

Mike

Highlighted

This is the screenshot from the tesltra.com account settings screen, so the pre-paid account now appears.

Highlighted

If it's still not showing in the app, then you are going to need assistance from Telstra as there will be something in the backend of your account that is preventing it from getting the information.

Send a message using the My Telstra app (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and someone should respond within a few hours.

Highlighted

Thanks Jupiter,

I'll give that a try.

Get back to you

cheers

Mike

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit