Mil67
Level 1: Cadet

CCTV remote excess problem

Hi Team

I installed HikVision CCTV and while connection via iVMS4500 unable to recognise the device.

Also when I Generate or put Serial Number error showing Device is Offline or incorrect devide number

can someonce help

thanks

Mil

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

Re: CCTV remote excess problem

How are you trying to connect remotely to the device?

Is it via prepaid mobile broadband?
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Mil67

Hi

Yes - through Broadband.

I checked with my CCTV installer and he is telling me that Port 8000 is blocked and need to be unblocked by Telstra or Port 8100 to be opened.

I don't understand what is real problem

Please advise

thanks

Mil67

Hi

Sorry - I tried connecting through Broadband as well as Mobile data network but no success

thanks

Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

With regards to forwarding the ports on your fixed broadband connection, that is something you'd need to setup via your modem/router on your end.

With regards to mobile broadband, in most cases devices on mobile broadband connections are not assigned a 'public IP' address that can be accessed via the outside world. Telstra uses carrier-grade NAT on the network which MAY work in some instances, but is not really reliable. This means that as you try and remotely connect to the CCTV system there is no address for it on the public internet to access it by.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit