CR64
Level 1: Cadet

connection problem or invalid mmi code message when trying to set up call forwarding

Answered

I have been trying to set up call forwarding from my Moto G5 plus mobile to another mobile, but I keep getting the error message 'connection problem or invalid mmi code' - how do I fix this? I have been trying to set up call forwarding no answer and inputting *61, my mobile number, then # , then dial button, but I keep getting the error message.

i.e.  *610412345678# then pushing 'dial - am I missing something? I even tried putting a , after the # as was suggested elsewhere, but it made no difference 😏

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: connection problem or invalid mmi code message when trying to set up call forwarding

Should be **61*0412xxxxxx#   which will ring for 15 or 20 seconds default ring before divert

or if you want longer **61*0412xxxxxx**30#   Instead of the 30 seconds ring before default, you can substitute the 30 seconds for any 5 second increment  eg 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
ProfessorPhone
Accepted Solution

Re: connection problem or invalid mmi code message when trying to set up call forwarding

Should be **61*0412xxxxxx#   which will ring for 15 or 20 seconds default ring before divert

or if you want longer **61*0412xxxxxx**30#   Instead of the 30 seconds ring before default, you can substitute the 30 seconds for any 5 second increment  eg 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30

50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.

View solution in original post

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

You can go to 55 seconds actually @ProfessorPhone 

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
CR64
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you SOOOO much Professor Phone - problem solved! I was following the instructions from the Telstra website, which obviously is wrong 😏 - I will send them a message to fix up their instructions. Thank you again - cheers! 😁

ProfessorPhone

Thank you CR64, your thanks much appreciated.

DOC54
Level 2: Rookie

Does this also apply to forwarding a mobile to a landline and how do I switch it off please?  I've looked on line, spoken to local Telstra Business Centre, spoken to Telstra Business Tech by phone and no-one knows!!  I was given this to forward:  *72# .....ph no. forwarding too and then 'phone down' but no-one knows what the hell phone down means and you can't just hang up like you normally would.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Phone down means hang up.

The sequence *72#number hang up is to activate call forwarding on a DOT system

To forward a mobile to a landline you would still do **61*aaxxxxyyyy**30# where aaxxxxyyyy is the landline number eg 03 7010 4357

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
DOC54

Thank you heaps Jupiter.  Telstra have given me the wrong info,he assured me the process was for a mobile phone but there was no option to hang up.  I have now forwarded the mobile to the landline.  How do I cancel it when I no longer require the re-direction please?  Thanks again for your assistance.

ProfessorPhone

Hello again.

To switch it off:  ##61#  then send

Best wishes

DOC54

Brilliant!  Thanks Professor.  Have a great Xmas.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit