Wazza54
Level 1: Cadet

deleting emails in bulk on the android phone Telstra app

LONG WINDED QUESTION BUT I LIKE TO GIVE BACKGROUND

My Bigpond via Outlook on my Nokia 6.1 stopped working so after troubleshooting  I uninstalled and reinstalled the Outlook app.  All the details re server were hardcoded all I had to do was put my email address and password.  All details were correct however when I connect within a few seconds I get a failed message “The connection to your email server timed out. Please check your email settings“ I tried this many times over two hours with the exact same result.  The hardcoded details were imap.bigpond.com  when this failed many times I researched and your site says imap.telstra.com.  Neither of these worked and both had the same result. I then worked out how to use my Bigpond on the app works alright still asks me to log in every time.  This looks the the same at my Webmail on the laptop except the box to check all is not there.  So when I try to check the box it opens the email meaning I have to delete each one individually. Am I doing something wrong is that how it is?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Dowser
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

Re: deleting emails in bulk on the android phone Telstra app

Regarding your thread title “deleting emails in bulk on the android phone Telstra app”, there is no Telstra app to delete emails.

Assuming that you are really referring to the Outlook app written by Microsoft, the recommended Telstra Mail settings can be found at 

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

As stated therein

• IMAP is the recommended setting for Telstra Mail customers.

Dowser

Separately, regarding deletion of multiple emails in the Outlook app, in the Outlook app on my iPhone, this is achieved by selection of an email with a temporary hold down of my finger.  This causes a series of checkboxes and a Select All option to appear.

The functionality could be similar on your Android version of the app.

Wazza54
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Outlook no longer works on my phone because it can't connect to to the bigpond server.  I was able to delete in bulk in Bigpond via Outlook.  Not a big issue as I can delete in bulk using Bigpond via Outlook on my Laptop.  

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit