D2ah
Level 2: Rookie

elReviews of "mobile phones"

Reluctantly considering purchasing a Cell radio or "mobile phone" as they are mis-called; spent around 15 minutes looking at reviews online.  Information to date reveals that the sole functions of these devices is for taking/storing and viewing photographs i.e. no communications function; the only other factors mentioned were durability; access to 5G (for no apparent reason); and screen size.  Is there any site where adult level reviews are recorded i.e. which mention whether they have internet enabled computers and how they work compared to others?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: elReviews of "mobile phones"

What do you want the phone to be able to do?

All of them make and receive calls and text messages (it's the base functionality), so nobody puts that into reviews.

5G means that it can access the 5G network and use data at a much faster rate than 3G or 4G devices.

Durability is important for clutz's.

Screen size is so that you know how large the device is (people do have preferences).

And camera functionality - well it's what a lot of people use them for a lot. Most people don't own a dedicated camera.

Not sure what you mean by "internet enabled computer". All mobile phones are computers, the functionality is dependant on the model, firmware and the software that you use on it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
D2ah
Level 2: Rookie

For myself the "internet enabled" computer (vs whatever "computers" the phone/camera etc may have) is the No. 1 issue; would imagine this is common; thus my astonishment at the reviews not even mentioning it i.e. it's like reading Laptop reviews with no mention of RAM or the processors or the keyboards.

Jupiter

Those details are just specs and you can find them on the last page of most reviews.

Most people (ok, understatement, it's practically all people) do not use phones as "computers", they use them as mid-spec gaming devices, cameras, the occasional business app, etc.

What are you wanting to do with the phone? What apps are you wanting to run on it? What functionality do you want?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit