JakobSprenger
Level 2: Rookie

Ghost calls

Hi All,

Over the last few days, I've been getting calls from numbers that I HAVE NOT called, telling me they've just missed a call from me. I rang Telstra and they said not to worry it's just a network/frequency thing. These calls do not appear on my outgoing call register. But it must bug the folks that get the calls. I KNOW it bugs me. Any ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Ghost calls

It's just spammers, who have decided to use your number to identify themselves to the people they call (the perps are actually on their own number - just pretending it is yours).

Yes, it bugs everyone, but is almost impossible to stop, many of these people are actually overseas even, then they will eventually drop your number and statt using some other number to hide their activities. Pretty annoying all round.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
JakobSprenger
Level 2: Rookie

@SteveW_52 wrote:

It's just spammers, who have decided to use your number to identify themselves to the people they call (the perps are actually on their own number - just pretending it is yours).

Yes, it bugs everyone, but is almost impossible to stop, many of these people are actually overseas even, then they will eventually drop your number and statt using some other number to hide their activities. Pretty annoying all round.

Thanks bloke. Yeah, I've done some more research and appears my number may have been spoofed. And there is nothing I, nor Telstra can do about it. At least it's only been half a dozen over 4 days, and not 20 a day like some poor buggers I've read about.
Hopefully they'll move on soon.

Rohan123
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Hi @JakobSprenger 

This happens to me as well, You are not alone...

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit