Soozy
Level 2: Rookie

Google not syncing HELP

Answered

Just bought a new Samsung GalaxyS 2 and Google is not syncing, which means I cannot download from Market, Gmail and Talk does not connect - This is also happening on 2 other Android devices.  The error message says syncing is down and will be back soon - but that was 24hrs ago and I am getting frustrated and do not know who I should be contacting regarding this matter.

Please help

Suzanne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Soozy
Accepted Solution

Re: Google not syncing HELP

Well I had to do a factory reset and everything now works, I think also the way I logged in the first time might have affected it as I used my normal email address rather than a gmail.
All is now functioning!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Evowned
Level 8: Inspector

Hey Suzanne,

That is indeed odd, all my Droids (and Accounts) are working fine, so it appears to most likely be something on your end... But, you say you've tried 2 other devices... Which means it is most likely your Google Account.

Is it a GMail, or a GApps account? (simple way to check, is it @Gmail.com?). If it's GMail, that is rather odd indeed, however Google ocassionally goes around accounts to update them for whatever reason. But then again, over 24 hours doesn't seem right.

Are you able to log into your Google account on your computer and check GMail, browse YouTube, etc.?

Just for the sake of argument, try setting up a new account on your Galaxy, through the phone and see if that works.

- eVowned

- eVowned

Currently running a stock HTC One XL, and a Galaxy Nexus with Jelly Bean.

Don't forget: a little Kudos goes a long way; and mark any replies as solved if they helped.
Soozy

when I set up my phone gmail account will not load, everything works fine on a PC when I log in but not on the droids.

I will try setting up a new account and see if that works - strange how my son's account is doing the same thing too?

Thanks

Soozy
Accepted Solution

Well I had to do a factory reset and everything now works, I think also the way I logged in the first time might have affected it as I used my normal email address rather than a gmail.
All is now functioning!

View solution in original post

Evowned
Level 8: Inspector

Ah, that would have done it.

Android does not support a non-Google account as the main account of the phone. At the very least, it needs a GApps account. (and the GApps support was only recent, in terms of full functionality).

Great that you fixed it, factory reset usually fixes anything. Smiley Tongue

- eVowned

Currently running a stock HTC One XL, and a Galaxy Nexus with Jelly Bean.

Don't forget: a little Kudos goes a long way; and mark any replies as solved if they helped.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit