jenbes
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Google sync question

Answered
I set up my contacts on motorola. New ones are now going up on google. I have synced contacts. Will my motorola contacts transfer via sync or only the google account ones? I'm about to get a new phone. on Android 2.3.6 currently. Thanks
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
haydencoonan
Level 13: Super Sleuth
Accepted Solution

Re: Google sync question

As long as you can sign in to Google on the new phone, your Google contacts will sync.. As for the other contacts, best if you can move them all over to Google! Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Haugaard
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

If you hit your options key while in the phonebook and have a look through you should see something like "merge with google" this will push them accross to your google acccount.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. My participation here is strictly in a personal capacity.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
haydencoonan
Level 13: Super Sleuth
Accepted Solution

As long as you can sign in to Google on the new phone, your Google contacts will sync.. As for the other contacts, best if you can move them all over to Google! Smiley Wink

jenbes

how do you move them to google ? Does it have to be done one by one or is there a bulk way? Sorry to be so ignorant.
Haugaard
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

If you hit your options key while in the phonebook and have a look through you should see something like "merge with google" this will push them accross to your google acccount.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. My participation here is strictly in a personal capacity.

jenbes

Thanks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit