RC77
Level 1: Cadet

Hang up message

For a number of years, if someone tried to call me and the call went to messagebank due to no answer, or out of range, and the caller hung up and didn't leave a message, a SMS (text) message would be sent to my messages. It contained the callers number as a hyperlink, so I just had to tap that and call them back.

It was an excellent feature, and did not require to have my data turned on, which in my case I only turn it on when I want to use the net, and was very simple to use.

I thought it was one of the best features telstra ever provided.

HOWEVER THAT IS ALL NOW BEEN CHANGED.

In the last two weeks or so it now downloads a MMS file, which requires me to turn on my data to view it, AND TO ADD TO INSULT TO INJURY, DOES NOT PROVIDE A LINK TO THE CALLED NUMBER.

How can I have this reverted to the way it was please?

It is impossable to contact Telstra and talk to them, I have been trying to do so now for over an hour now, so now hope to get an answer from this forum.

Thank you.

Ross.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Hang up message

Send the message "Audio Off" to 144 and it should stop sending you the audio messages.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit