kimchan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Having problem with Google Play "Bill my Telstra account"

Answered

Hi Everyone,

I look after the Google Play "Bill my Telstra account". 

Instead of hunting every corner of the internet for problem related to this service, I have decided to create a thread here to consolidate the issues here and attempt to resolve each one of it. 

Once the problem is addressed successfully, I'll make sure it flows back to our customer support group.

Google Play store on Android is continously changing.  It has been a challenge for me to keep all the information up to date.  In fact, within a week for the service launch, Google started rollling out 3.10.9 and along with password re-entry on purchase.  The information I have prepared is now a little out of date. :-(

I'll pay a close attention to this thread in the next few weeks and before my day job piles up.  My ask for you is to be patient with me.

First of all, here's a little detail on "Bill my Telstra account":

Compatible:

1. All Telstra Android mobile device (with stock firmware or upgrade firmware Telstra).
  2. BYO Android mobile device from any reputable carrier
  3. Must have a valid Telstra sim in the device.
  4. Android 2.2 and above

Note: The device must be comply to CDD and pass CTS. 

(more info here: http://source.android.com/compatibility/index.html)

Unsupported:

1. Android device with custom roms (such as Cyangenmod). 

On my end, I need to verify if you are using some compatible devices and firmwares, then follow by your SIM account (eligibility for this service) and also to make sure there is no issue within our system.

Once it gets thru my checks and you still don't have this options, I'll work with Google for further investigation.

For people with custom roms, I know you love it and have a million reasons to be on it.  But don't take this as end of this yet.  We'll work out something together.

kimc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Having problem with Google Play "Bill my Telstra account"

The following is what Billing will need to check according to if your service is Pre or Post-Paid

- Hard Limit on BigPond Content if it's a  Pre-Paid

- BigPond Mobile Content Credit Limit if it's a Post-Paid 

Pre-Paid Live Chat can be reached here:  http://tel.st/nxzt

Post-Paid Live Chat (Billing) can be reached here:  http://tel.st/49kl

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
693 REPLIES 693
CRCinAU
Level 6: Bloodhound

Hi Kim,

I have just lodged a fault with this to tech support and been given a reference number: TT1-111731528889

Hopefully this is correct.

As I feel the details here have gone a bit... well, wrong, the summary is:

2 x Telstra prepaid services. Both are Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100T) phones. Software is the Telstra ICS Image:

Model Number: GT-i9100T

Android Version: 4.0.3

Baseband Version: I9100TDVLP3

Kernel Version: 3.0.15-O9100TDVLP4-CL345054 spi@DELL129 #3

Build Number: IML74K.DVLP4

Play Store version: 3.10.9

One service works fine and could purchase without an issue.

The second service came up with an error message stating "This service is not eligible" and now I no longer get the option to bill my Telstra account.

zelamahi
Level 2: Rookie

I've had exactly the same problem happen to me on my Motorola RAZR HD.

kimchan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@CRCinAU - I'm still looking into your issue.  At this stage it doesn't look like a problem with your SIM (ported from a different carrier).

@zelamahi - I do need to know the phone number to look into your issue.  There is a few ways you can do this - log a fault with FoH and give me the docket number (better - but slower), or via Private Message me the phone number.  Which ever you feel more comfortable.

Ladybug

Hi, I've experienced a problem. I started using my prepaid broadband yesterday to purchase some apps because I needed to use up some of my credit limit before I recharge next month. I purchased several apps including two that were $5.99 each. I received email confirmation of the purchases. I have four android devices and put some of the apps on 2 or 3 of them after I saw info on Google Play that you can download them to multiple devices. Tonight I noticed in my prepaid history that I was charged for an app again for $5.99 after 6pm but I never purchased any tonight and I never received any purchase receipt emails or any warning that I was being charged again from Google so I figure either Google charged me again for downloading an app I already paid for previously or Telstra charged me again by error. I filed a report to Google Play but I'm not sure who is at fault. This is the first time I have purchased apps and I'm worried now that charges will continue to be made to my account in error. Any idea where the fault would lie?

Ladybug

Google just got back to me overnight and said  the following. Our records show that you purchased by billing to your carrier instead of using a credit or debit card with Google Wallet. Unfortunately, we are unable to issue refunds for purchases that are billed to your Telestra account, and these transactions must be handled by your carrier. You'll need to contact Telestra for support with this issue.

I'm a bit disappointed with that response as I feel the error would most likely be with their system if it bills me again with no receipt issued and they should be looking into what caused the error, not fobbing it off onto the telco,

So what do I do now? I'm not keen on ringing Telstra prepaid and getting shunted around from one department to the next with no result like I have any other time I've had to ring them. It's not worth the effort for $5.99. But I'm now reluctant to have my prepaid linked to Google Wallet if mistakes like this are going to happen as I won't have any confidence in the system. I hope there is an easy way for me to get my prepaid account unlinked from Google Wallet. I think I might go back to only downloading free apps after this.

Ladybug

I just checked. It looks like I can delete the telstra prepaid account from Google Wallet as a payment option easily enough. I'll leave it there for now incase it needs to be looked into further.

DragonStar

Well, just called Telstra support to try and get this resolved and what a joke that was. First person hung up on me, second lot transferred me around then hung up when I asked their ID number and third basically told me it wasn't Telstra's problem and that there was no resolution.

Anyway, I'm on prepaid using a galaxy s3. I could purchase apps through Telstra billing two days ago, but when I've tried to purchase one today, I'm getting the greyed out box saying it's unavailable. Any help would be appreciated.

I'll PM my number to you.

kimchan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Ladybug,

Of all the Android devices you have, are you logged in with a single gmail account?

If you have a single account, it's not possible to purchase the same content more than once. 

For example:

On DeviceA, you browse to AngryBirds in Google Play, you purchase using "Bill my Telstra account" or credit card.

On DeviceB, you browse to AngryBirds in Google Play, you actually don't have the option to purchase the game again.  Instead, you have the option to "Download".

This is what Google meant by "download to multiple devices", as long as it's the same account.

Also, if it's a game or app (not movies or book) you purchased, you can try contacting the developer for a refund.  But it's up to the developer's decision if he/she is willing to refund the purchase. 

1. Visit Google Play and select the app in question.
  2. On the app's description page, scroll down to the Developer section
  3. One of the following contact options will be provided: an email address, a phone number, or a website.

(Instruction taken from http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=134336)

kimc.

kimchan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@DragonStar

There were some issue within system a few hours ago.  Which require us to temporary switch the options.

But it's back up now.  Give it a try.

Ladybug

Yeah it was from the same Google account and it only had the download option when I put it on the other device. It never asked me to pay for it. The problem now is I'm not sure which of the $5.99 apps charged me twice because I put them both on the same device. I had a look and can't see a way to check what time I added it to the 2nd device to see if it matches up with the time I was charged a 2nd time.
Ladybug

By the way, it would really help if telstra listed the name of the app next to the charge in the prepaid history. It's impossible to tell what we're being charged for.

DragonStar

Thank you for your prompt reply! I get much better service here than on your phone systems.
Ladybug

I received another response from Google:

"According to Google Wallet, there are only two charges. I would recommend viewing the charges in your Google Wallet and contacting your carrier if you feel any of these charges are unauthorized."

So from that it seems Telstra must have put through a third charge by mistake. I'm really not keen on ringing prepaid. In the past when I had a mobile broadband issue I was on the phone for several hours and got no result, being handed from one person to the next. I ended up going to a Telstra store and the manager rang them and sorted it out. It's not worth the effort for $5.99 to go through any of that but it has put me off purchasing apps in future and I'm leaning towards unlinking the prepaid account so no other charges come out if I put the paid apps on other phones or have to download them again to a new phone.
Ladybug

I was advised to contact Telstra live chat and they sorted it out for me and gave me a credit. It's much easier using the live chat than waiting on the phone.

lgk
Level 4: Private Eye

It's not working at all for me, I get the following when I try to make a purchase:

Message from your mobile service provider: Error

I tried using live chat, however at first the guy didn't know what I was talking about at all, and then after telling me to turn my phone off and on again (like I haven't thought of that before..) he ended the chat. I saved some of the transcript, but unfortunately when the chat ends the option to save disappears, so I didn't get all of it.

I'm on pre-paid with a Motorola Defy+ from Telstra running the latest version of Play and the OS available for my phone, and it's not rooted.

I have tried: (all tried before contacting support)

- Turning my phone off and on

- Deleting the carrier info from Google Wallet and re-entering it

- Various different apps plus an in-app purchase

- Double checking my credit balance

- Purchasing with a visa card, which works fine, so it's not the Google account

- Downloading free apps, which also works fine, so it's not an issue with installing things.

If there's a larger problem not just affecting me then I'd appreciate knowing and I'm happy to wait until it's sorted, but if not then I need to get in contact with someone who knows that "Bill my Telstra Account" even exists so that they can spend the time actually fixing the problem rather than telling me it's not possible.

EDIT: I just tried Live Chat again, got someone different who also had no idea what I was talking about, and after a long delay said she would refer me to someone else, only to have the chat end, again. So it looks like this forum is my only remaining option.

lgk

I tried live chat again today, and she then called me, but I was transferred to prepaid faults, prepaid accounts, back to prepaid faults, bigpond faults, back again to prepaid faults, then to activations(!) then finally level 2 support. That person then said that I needed another Telstra phone and SIM, and there was nothing else she could do to fix the problem, so now I have to waste time and money going in to a Telstra store tomorrow. (luckily there is one nearby, not sure what would happen if I lived in a regional area)

The phone call today was 1 hour and 59 minutes long, wasted. Wasted more time on Live Chat, was put on hold countless times, had to explain the issue to TEN different people, and yet I am still no closer to a resolution. And I suspect tomorrow will involve me having to show the staff the Telstra webpages about Google Play billing because they will have no idea.
kimchan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi everyone,

It's unfortunate a number of you are not getting "Bill my Telstra account". 

The problem we are seeing is a little complex that it's not Telstra alone can solve. 

For all the issue related to this service can you please send me a private message:

- Quick note:

- Missing "Bill my Telstra account"

- Disabled "Bill my Telstra account" (can't select). 

- or others

- phone number (inserted in the Android device)

- gmail account (registered in Google Play)

kimc.

lgk

It's obvious that Telstra is finding it tricky to solve, but I contacted Google directly and they made it crystal clear that it's an issue with the carrier. This is part of their reply:

Unfortunately, this is not something Google Play support can help with, as support for carrier billing purchases is provided by your mobile service provider. Please contact your mobile service provider directly for information regarding a direct carrier billing purchase and tell them to make your account provisioned for the Google Play Store.

Anyway, I went into the Telstra store today, they didn't exactly know much about the whole thing at first, but both people I spoke to were very helpful in terms of trying to fix the problem. (Which was a massive improvement on the service I experienced over the weekend) They said they'd get back to me in the next day or so, so hopefully it can be fixed soon.
CRCinAU

Its a little more complex than that. It seems from what I can gather. It seems that Google cache the result if it fails once - so if there was a problem once, you will never see the option again.

This will also mean that if a problem occurs as a once off, Google will cache it as a failure and not show you the option of carrier billing again. It then comes to Google to remove the failure status of carrier billing and allow it to try again.

While this is completely based on speculation, this is what I have pieced together though testing.
lgk

That's not the case for me, I do see the option every time, and can select "Bill my Telstra Account" for each purchase. The first time I attempted to purchase I also had to enter my name, postcode, and phone number, and Google does cache that information for next time, so then it only needs to be selected. However, I signed into my Google Wallet and deleted all the carrier information so that it was reset and then went back to my phone and entered it in a 2nd time just to double check that all the information was entered in correctly.

I couldn't find anywhere in Google Play to check or change the Wallet details, and the site didn't work in my mobile browser, so I deleted the information using my laptop. I do note however, that carrier billing information can only be entered and used from Google Play on the mobile.

I can also tell the diference between an available payment method and one that's greyed out, as I also have an old visa card that's expired appearing in the list, but it's greyed out and impossible to select.

I'll see if I can post a few screenshots to illustrate exactly what's happening on my phone, coz it sounds like different things are affecting different people.

lgk

So here are a few screenshots of exactly what the error looks like on my phone. (The green bits were added for censoring my mobile number etc)

Clicking on whatever appears under Pay with gives the available payment methods, note that Bill my Telstra account is available, while an expired card is correctly greyed out and unavailable.

01.png

(click the spoiler for the rest of the images, there's quite a few...)

Spoiler

After selecting Bill my Telstra account, I cick Accept & Buy

02.png

And this is the error:

03.png

So the first thing I did (and have done twice since) was go in to my Google Wallet account on my laptop.

04.png

It's there, but I figure I'll delete it and try again, just in case.

05.png

Now I try again with a different app, and starting from scratch with no saved carrier billing info.

06.png

Clicking continue prompts me to enter in some info:

07.png

Upon saving, it presents the info to confirm and the T&Cs.

08.png09.png

So now that the carrier billing info is saved, I click Accept & Buy

10.png11.png12.png

And it fails, again. Smiley Sad

13.png

I don't think you can fault me as a customer for doing everything possible to try to help Telstra fix the problem. I realise most people probably wouldn't go to this much time and effort but I think this is a really cool feature announced by Telstra, and I was really excited to see Telstra supporting Android AND making it available to prepaid customers as well as post-paid. After wasting so much time already and getting nowhere, I hope that this can be useful for getting the issue fixed. (and at least by posting it here I don't have to repeat the whole thing 10 more times!)

CRCinAU

Yeah ok - interesting.

I got the drop down like you once - after I tried to use it, it came back saying I wasn't eligible. Now it doesn't show the option at all.

How did you get carrier settings in your Google Wallet? I've looked everywhere and can't find it at all.
lgk

wallet.google.com

Login, then click Payment Methods, and you should see the credit card and/or carrier billing info. It doesn't seem to be editable, you can only delete it (and then you have to go back into Play on your phone to put it in again, you can't do it from the browser) but I figured it was worth a shot to double check that I didn't make a typo or something.

CRCinAU

Ok, I've checked there - I only see my credit card - no mention of carrier billing at all.

I figure thats part of the problem here too Smiley Happy
lgk

How annoying, that means there's more than one problem to solve. Good luck. Smiley Happy

Still doesn't work for me, and the promised call from the Hobart Telstra store never came. Should I bother going in to see them, or just leave it to you Kim? They only have appointments available next week, which is useless for me as I'll be in regional QLD. (and quite frankly, I was expecting them to contact me today, so going to the 'back of the line' just to get an update on whatever they were doing is not really appropriate)

smadge1
Level 10: Junior Detective

I tested this yesterday on my post-paid SGSII, and everything went as expected. I just have to make sure the bill is correct.

the first time you use the "Telstra bill" option, it sets up a google wallet entry for it, and you have to accept the terms and conditions (well worth reading IMHO)

CRCinAU

Working now!

I'd just like to thank kimchan - this is working perfectly now on my prepaid service.

lgk

Re: Working now!

Still not working for me, and I still have had no update from the Hobart Telstra store (who promised to contact me two days ago) nor anyone else.

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some sort of update, as after talking to no less than thirteen different people and spending hours trying to help Telstra solve the problem, my only other option (as far as I know) is to refer the complaint to an external body such as the TIO or ACCC.
CRCinAU

Have patience. These things take time as well as communication with Google in the US - and as there is almost half a day in timezone differences, responses take a long time....

I assume you have sent a message to kimchan with the details requested?

lgk

Not only does he have the details, he also has a very comprehensive set of screenshots illustrating the problem. As far as I know Kim has all he needs from me, and I am happy to wait a certain amount of time if that's what's required. However, what I don't appreciate is the people in the store promising to investigate the issue and contact me, failing to honour that promise. Like I said, I'm happy to wait, but I'm not just going to keep waiting indefinitely.

ETA: Update recieved, thankyou Kim. Smiley Happy

lgk

It's finally working!!!

When I went into the Telstra store on Monday, they said they were going to try removing the bigpond content limit to see if that had any effect, but I'm assuming they never bothered to try that because they didn't follow up on anything else. I thought I might as well see if live chat could give it a go, as it would only take 5 minutes. The first person I chatted to did something, and while it didn't work, it did change the error message to say "user has reached their spend limit", which was curious. I wasn't expecting much, so any change at all was surprising. I then went back on live chat and the 2nd person I got said the first change had gone through but another setting needed changing as well. Not sure what it was, but it works!

For anyone else having the same problem as me, you can get it fixed via live chat, just DON'T mention Android or Google Play, whatever you do. The wild goose chase is not fun. Just mention the Bigpond content spending limit. (and be sure to specify mobile, otherwise it may get confused with adsl)

The main thing I have learned though, is that it seems customers have to know exactly what needs changing behind the scenes to fix a problem, rather than relying on Telstra to do the solving. With the exception of kimchan, it didn't seem like anyone was interesting in problem solving. So thankyou Kim, you're a credit to Telstra, and thankyou for your help.
CRCinAU

I don't mean to pick on you, but it does say in the first post of this thread:

**Update**
If you are experiencing the following:
- Missing "Bill my Telstra account"
- Disabled "Bill my Telstra account" (can't be selected).
- Expericing some error after "accept & buy" with "Bill my Telstra account".
- or others general error you are not sure.

Please DON'T call our support or engage live chat.
Please leave a message with a brief description of your issue (or private message),
I'll get in contact with you.
kimchan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Actually to Igk's credit.
I wasn't clear with my information in my original post.
So I have added the **update** part after I spoke to lgk.
kimchan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi All,

With the help from CRCinAU here, we have tracked down an issue within our system relating to ported numbers. Ported numbers means you bring along your phone number from different service provider into Telstra.  But it’s not limited other service provider, but a phone number moved between Pre-paid and Postpaid may also be affected.  

Under a rare condition... ok before I continue, I know you may not agree with me.  Everything you see here are problems.  Well, it is true; there are a lot of problems, but surely you can’t expect any less with the title “Having problem ...”.  
Now back to this rare condition, our system may denial you the option for “Bill my Telstra account”.
Typical symptoms is:
-    You see the “Bill my Telstra account” for the first time.
-    You attempt to purchase the content using your Telstra account.
-    An error came back, hitting ok, send you back to the content page.
-    When you hit the buy button (with the dollar figure), you never get see the option again.
-    Even after you rebooted the device, you still don’t see the option.

Our technical team are currently looking for a fix for this issue, but with the holiday season just around the corner, I can’t promise you when and if the fix will be done.  

For now, there is a workaround under this condition.  
So please send me your phone number (via Private Message).
We’ll look into each case, if it falls into this condition, we attempt correct it and then let you know.
If it doesn’t fall into this condition, I’ll let you know immediate and that I’ll need more time to investigate.

kimc.

smadge1
Level 10: Junior Detective

My phone number was ported from prepaid last December, and everything is fine.

lgk

CRCinAU, as kimchan says, that part you quoted was not there until after Kim spoke to me, several days after I first contacted support. If it had been there, believe me I would have much rathered to just deal with the issue here and not waste the hours and money I did on the phone and going into the store! Smiley Happy However, even if it had been there, I didn't find the crowd support forum until after my first contact with Telstra and it was only via a link from Whirlpool, so I suspect that if others are having issues it's possible they are just getting nowhere at all because the live chat, support and store staff who are completely unfamiliar with the whole thing are unable to direct people to this thread.

In the FAQ (which is linked from the promo page) there isn't much about what to do if it's not working, but what little there is only directs people to 'contact us'. Perhaps it would be a good idea to include more detail in the troubleshooting section, and point people in the direction of this forum thread until all the support staff have been properly updated?

CRCinAU

Ahhh understood - my apologies. The great news is that I've tried this on another 2 prepaid services and it works well. Much love to all Smiley Very Happy
zelamahi

My number wasn't ported and I still get an error, I put my Telstra work sim in and still don't get the option. I don't know if that is a restriction on my work sim.

I'm thinking about porting my optus sim to Telstra and see if that works, but I have so much credit on my current prepaid sim I want to use.

Has anybody found any tricks that work?

zelamahi

Porting my optus sim over to Telstra, which used to be a Telstra number anyway, worked. I can now buy with no problems. Now if only I could transfer the $75 credit I have on the other number....
jebz

My problem is identicle to user lgk. I've just spent >2hrs on all forms of Telstra support for no resolution.

I made a purchase from DP Technologies Ltd on Google Play.
Order number:
Order date: 27-Dec-2012 18:00:43 EST
Payment method: Telstra AU 04xxxxxxxx

An error popped up "Message from Your mobile service provider: Error"

I received 2 emails, the first with the receipt, the next with order cancelled.

kimba2378

Hey there telstra team

i have been having a problem with google play store on my telstra post paid mobile.as i have a sg2 4g,Model Number: GT-i9100T Android Version: 4.0.3 ICS Baseband Version: I9100TDVLP3
Kernel Version: 3.0.15-O9100TDVLP4-CL345054 spi@DELL129 #3 Build Number: IML74K.DVLP4
Play Store version: 3.10.9 *** not rooted ***

For the past 2 weeks from this has been going on for.

The question is why im i not able to purchase any more apps form the google play store and put them on my telstra post paid account ???, yes i do have a gmail account.

as im a post paid customer as i purchase apps from google play store on occasions i still dont have the facility to buy them and place on the phone carriers account ie telstra bill, the only payment is accepted with c/cd only thats even when the phone is OFF WI-FI and using the mobile network internet only to these purchase apps and still cannot place them on the telstra post paid account.

Then follow the below steps to successfully bill an app, movie, game or book to your Telstra account:

Step 1 of 5: Choose your app, book, movie or game

Step 2: Click 'Accept and Buy'

Step 3: Select 'Bill my Telstra account':

Step 4: Confirm your billing details:

Step 5: Click 'Accept and Buy': as i get nothing of this on the google play store account anymore via the mobile only its only the payment by ccd only now this hasbeen done this previously on my telstra account just this month

As i have made made previous purchases this billing cycle

they are only the cheap ones ie $0.99 as i have been on to telstra live chat and the consultant has upped my Bigpond content spending limit to the $500 for the month as ive only spent $3.25 according to the telstra my account web page

As these are only transactions that i have done and billed to my telstra account

As a credit card payment is the only method at this point in time.

There is no adding the chargeable apps to my telstra post paid account. everything has been lifted there at the telstra s end and  is currently no barring in place at all and the spend limit upped as i can download the free apps from the store but the chargeable ones i cant add them to my telstra account i dont get the steps 3-5 on my mobile phone screen) to complete the transaction to be put thru to billing my telstra account

please let me know of this out come please

kimchan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi All,

Happy New Year to everyone.

I have number private messages in my inbox just before Xmas. I have avoided reading them - sorry. 

Also with limited staff, things won't have progress very far - so that's my excuse. :-P

I will get in contact with each one of you individually, after I clear a few important tasks on my desk.

kimc.

kimba2378

i hope that il hear from you soon kim

Smiley Happy kimba2378 

Spanner_Man
Level 1: Cadet

I was about to post my infomation as I had the same problem but after a little but and i calmed down I did the following.

I'm on a Samsung S3 4G

I went to Settings -> Applications Manager

In each of "Google Play services" and "Google Play store" I did the following;

Clear Data then Force stop

Started Google Play up again and purchase went through without an issue.

Perhaps Google Wallet/Play has an issue with the way Telstra NAT mobile net connections?

mercury670

Hi Kim,

I've just PM'd you with my details as per Clare's request from the Social Media team.

I look forward to hearing from you sometime next week Smiley Happy
kimba2378

thats no dramas pm sent 

kimba2378

hi there spanner_man ive tried what you have suggested by to no avail it didnt work as
I went to Settings -> Applications Manager
In each of "Google Play services" and "Google Play store" I did the following;

Clear Data then Force stop as i will await for the telstra techies to have a look in this issue soon thanks for the help anyway kimba2378
doctordan

Hi Kim,

I (unfortunately) have an iPhone (which I use with Telstra's pre-paid account); however I use the phone to tether to connect my ASUS tablet for apps/download (ASUS Transformer TF201)
I'd like to purchase apps using my Telstra account but the option is never there. I have registered my google account with my Telstra mobile number, but to no avail... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Dan
kimchan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Dan,

> I (unfortunately) have an iPhone...

This can't be a bad thing.  Without iPhone, we will probably still stuck with mobile technology 3 years ago.

The setup you have right now (an Android tablet tethering to your iPhone) only provide you the data connectivity to the Android device.  In my own word, it doesn't give us (Google/Telstra) method to authenticate you and your SIM in a secure way. 

Therefore it's not possible get this option with your current setup.

Also, currently only very specific (small number of) Android tablets with SIM that can have this option. 

kimc.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit