FM7
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hello. My Sim Card maybe faulty.What is proceedure to install NEW Sim and retain my existing Number

Answered

My SIM maybe faulty. How do I upon installation of NEW SIM retain my existing Phone Number and also transfer RECHARGE DATA to NEW SIM CARD from my faulty (in phone) SIM CARD. (Fault / Problem  : UNABLE TO RECIEVE SMS MESSAGES. Already checked SETTINGS DEFAULT etc. and Sim replacement is next option !)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Hello. My Sim Card maybe faulty.What is proceedure to install NEW Sim and retain my existing Num

Hi FM7, 

You're welcome Smiley Happy

I'm glad you were able to visit a Telstra store to get your SIM replaced....it's so much quicker than getting a SIM posted out to you.

Great to hear you can now receive sms messages.

I appreciate you letting me know how you got onSmiley Wink

Too often customer's don't reply to let us know the outcome of their situation that we've tried to help them with. 

Have a nice weekend Smiley Happy

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Smiley3

Re: Hello. My Sim Card maybe faulty.What is proceedure to install NEW Sim and retain my existing Num

Hi FM7, 

The quickest way to get your SIM replaced is by going into a Telstra store (if you're able to during COVID-19).

They'll be able to swap your current SIM with a blank SIM and transfer your Account details (phone number and plan) onto it.

This is free of charge but you'll need to take some ID with you.

If you can't get to a Telstra store you can request a Replacement SIM in your My Telstra App on your mobile phone (if you have the latest update installed).

When you're logged into the App press on the "Services" icon on the bottom of the screen.

Press on your service then scroll down to "Request a Replacement SIM".

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
FM7

Smiley3. Thanks very much for your help. Much appreciated  !

Smiley3

You're welcome....I'm happy to help fellow customer's when I canSmiley Happy

I have had my SIM replaced in a Telstra store a couple of times.

It takes less than 5 minutes for the Telstra Employee to swap the SIM over.

The first time I had a SIM swapped it took around 1 hour to get service on the SIM.

The second time I had a SIM swap it took around 4 hours to get service on it.

I've also been to a Telstra store with my sister to get her SIM replaced...her's was working before before we left the store.

I have noticed since the last update for the My Telstra App that there's the option to "request a replacement SIM" but I haven't personally used this method.

FM7

Thankyou for your expert advice. I took your lead and went to a Telstra Store. They were very helpful when I mentioned my phone's fault (UNABLE TO RECIEVE SMS MESSAGES) and YOUR Diagnostic Fix of a potential FAULTY SIM CARD. 

IN 10 minutes,  the efficient Telstra Staff had installed a new SIM and transferred 

my Recharge Data and yes, I can now receive SMS MESSAGES . It's all good. Thanks again Smiley3 for your help and advice. Very Much Appreciated. 

Smiley3
Accepted Solution

Hi FM7, 

You're welcome Smiley Happy

I'm glad you were able to visit a Telstra store to get your SIM replaced....it's so much quicker than getting a SIM posted out to you.

Great to hear you can now receive sms messages.

I appreciate you letting me know how you got onSmiley Wink

Too often customer's don't reply to let us know the outcome of their situation that we've tried to help them with. 

Have a nice weekend Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit