Archie23
Level 3: Gumshoe

How do i stop this annoying TELSTRA MESSAGE ON MY MOBILE....PLEASE LEAVE A TEN SECOND MESSAGE AND WE

Answered

Hi,

I have been to Telstra Shops, have rung Telstra, no one has an idea. The service is appaling, and getting worse. I want to delete the annoying TELSTRA MESSAGE telling people to leave a ten second message after the Tone and they will convert it to text. If I don't answer my mobile, I want it to ring out. Can someone help please?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: How do i stop this annoying TELSTRA MESSAGE ON MY MOBILE....PLEASE LEAVE A TEN SECOND MESSAGE AN

When you cancel call forwarding toโ€ฏMessageBankยฎ,โ€ฏTelstra automatically enable Message2Txtยฎ. This will convert a 10-second voice message into an SMS (without you having to dial 101).

Use the online form to cancel Message2Txt. This should remove the audio message that you referred to.

View solution in original post

Archie23
Accepted Solution

Re: How do i stop this annoying TELSTRA MESSAGE ON MY MOBILE....PLEASE LEAVE A TEN SECOND MESSAGE AN

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH. You have to complete the form, enter your details, you have to cancel Messagebank First, Then it asks you, do you want Message To Text service, and I clicked NO, and done. YOU LITTLE RIPPER. WOOHOO

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Sounds like you have disabled Voicemail and the system has reverted to VoiceToText.

See this thread. You need to contact Telstra Support, as difficult as that is

And also try disabling call diversion on your device.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict ๐Ÿ™‚ also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Archie23

This is not the answer I was after. I do not have messagebank or voicemail connected. After 30 seconds, A message says, the person you are calling is not available, I can let them know you have called by leaving a ten second message after the tone, and we will convert it to text. Even when you don't have messagebank connected you have a Messaging Service from Telstra, for revenue purposes so the call is answered.

Archie23

Hi, I tried to read the thread you sent, but it was not highlighted for me to click and read. Thanks

SteveW_52

So answering two of your replies...

I deleted the link, because it was an old thread.... you could search CrowdSupport for similar issues..

I know what you mean and what is happening to you is called Voice to Text..  as far as I am aware, only Telstra can disable that, meaning that it not possible for the user to do it..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict ๐Ÿ™‚ also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Archie23

Hi Thanks for that. I will ring Telstra again, ask for technical support, and wish me luck. If I get an answer I will let you know. Thanks for the help. Cheers

Dowser
Accepted Solution

When you cancel call forwarding toโ€ฏMessageBankยฎ,โ€ฏTelstra automatically enable Message2Txtยฎ. This will convert a 10-second voice message into an SMS (without you having to dial 101).

Use the online form to cancel Message2Txt. This should remove the audio message that you referred to.

Rohan123
Level 20: Director

Hi @Dowser , Where on that form can you cancel Message2Txt.

How did you find that form, I searched for a solution, Couldn't find one!

Do you work for Telstra?

Google "how do I turn off Message2Txt"

If you don't want either MessageBank or Message2txt, you must contact Telstra and ask a customer service representative to disable both for you, so that unanswered calls will simply ring out, the callers won't (or at least shouldn't) get charged for calling, and you avoid the obligation to return the missed calls.

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Dowser

That form is mentioned on the Telstra webpage regarding Telstra MessageBank setup.

Archie23
Accepted Solution

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH. You have to complete the form, enter your details, you have to cancel Messagebank First, Then it asks you, do you want Message To Text service, and I clicked NO, and done. YOU LITTLE RIPPER. WOOHOO

Rohan123

Hi @Archie23 

Glad to hear you found the solution to you message2txt problem.

Pity you couldn't have just asked google...

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Archie23

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

segovox997
Level 1: Cadet

This isn't the appropriate response I was after. I don't have messagebank or voice message associated. Following 30 seconds, A message say, the individual you are calling isn't accessible, I can tell them you have called by leaving a ten second message after the tone, and we will change it over to message. In any event, when you don't have messagebank associated you have a Messaging Service from Telstra, for income purposes so the call is replied. Smiley Embarassed

Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

I have never set up/ used MessageBank or message2text as I don't need or want these. For the last 20 years's my mobile had always rung for about 50 seconds with no message at the end. 

To my surprise, last Wednesday I noticed I now have message2text. 

I filled the form out that @Dowser posted above expecting to have the same outcome as @Archie23, whereas the message2text would be removed. 

I received an email shortly after saying that my Online order was cancelled due to my existing Account not being compatible with the plan I've chosen.

My first thought was someone has tried to add a device or plan to my Account. 

I then rang Telstra and spoke to a female who looked at my Account and said the reason for that email was because I had applied to get MessageBank and message2text removed from my Account. 

Unfortunately, because I'm now on the New System Telstra is using (my Pre-Paid mobile plan was changed last Tuesday and that's why I now have message2text), filling in the above form won't let the customer cancel MessageBank or message2text. 

I asked the Telstra consultant if she could cancel these at her end for me? 

The only way to cancel MessageBank and message2text if your service is on the New System is by going into the My Telstra App and pressing on the 3 dots top right of the screen. 

OMG, my App (and a few of my relative's that I asked) doesn't have 3 dots top right of the screen. I do have the latest version of the App.

I realise that Telstra wants the customer to do most things themselves, but why is there no option for a Telstra consultant to do this at their end? The customer can't even do this through the My Telstra Account website....it can only be done through the App.

I was able to get my mother-in-law's message2text removed from her Account because her Pre-Paid plan is still on the old system. I couldn't get my Mum's message2text removed because like myself, she's now on the new system too.

The Telstra consultant has lodged an IT Ticket on my behalf. I'm waiting for a callback her, which will take over 5 day's she said. Until then I'm stuck with message2text.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Smiley3

I've received the callback from the nice Telstra Consultant. 

She has been informed that customer's on the new system can't have the message2text removed. 

We either have to have MessageBank or Message2text she's been told.

I have extended the ring time to ring 30 seconds using **61*101**30#. 

I've done some testing after extending the ring, now the person who calls will hear the ring tone for about 11 times, then a female say's along the line's of "the person you are calling is not available, you can't leave a message at the moment, please ring again later"...and I don't receive an sms for a message2text. ๐Ÿ˜Š

If I decline the call before the 11 rings that's when the person calling hear's the lady say "leave a 10 second message", and I received a message2text sms.

Either way, the person calling will be charged for the call unless they hang up before the 11th ring tone.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Dowser

The Telstra webpage still states:

Complete our online form to cancelโ€ฏMessage2Txtยฎ.

If that is no longer correct (or requires clarification) please leave feedback for Telstra.

Smiley3

Hi @Dowser,

Yes, I'll leave Feedback that they should edit the website page, saying something like "this online form will only work for customer's who aren't on an Upfront mobile plan or the Pre-Paid Mobile and Pre-Paid Casual plan."

The thing is that because these are on the new system Telstra is now using, a lot of the Telstra consultant's don't know this is now the situation customer's are facing. 

With new system's comes new change's. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit thereโ€™s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit