ZapbuzZ
Level 3: Gumshoe

how is a stolen soiled new phone a warranty return?

Answered

So recently Startrack did a dodgy delivery to my address of a mobile phone with a prepaid sim card. 

I contacted startrack (Australia post) they said the signature looked invalid and would look further.

I got no update about it.ref 38983533

Contacting Telstra support they said their team would give me an answer about it within 24 hours by sms or email. That didn't happen either. reference number 08655499

I contacted crime stoppers and gave an accurate statement of events.

Also spoke to police.

Days later after A couple was at my door with a resealed startrack parcel saying they saw the courier then tripped themselves up saying they found it at their house. I opened it to find a torn up box and the phone was alright but it had a screen lock pin active. I tried all the steps given by Telstra to remove the pin it didn't work, They proceeded to tell me to return it through a Telstra dealer under warranty. Now how can a used phone unpacked messed with and put back returned in used condition by unauthorized persons be even valid for warranty is just as stupid as police telling me to talk to nokia about it.

Without being able to reset the pin i cannot confirm its even the right UUID and not some junkies firmware mess up it isn't printed on the phone but in the software.

So in conclusion how is returned stolen goods under deception and fraud with messed up software a warranty return and why did the courier allow a blatant forgery washout photo identification.

CCTV has nowhere near the confidence of legit state issued photo identification in combination with matching signature. Many couriers will only complete the delivery with an entered drivers license number in their handheld inventory trackers. Masks and lights of infra red and incandescent are a popular incognito of CCTV as seen on YouTube.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: how is a stolen soiled new phone a warranty return?

@ZapbuzZ wrote:

So recently Startrack did a dodgy delivery to my address of a mobile phone with a prepaid sim card. 

<snip>
I tried all the steps given by Telstra to remove the pin it didn't work, They proceeded to tell me to return it through a Telstra dealer under warranty.

Telstra have told you to return the unit under warranty (presumably for a replacement item).  It sounds like they are trying to assist you to resolve the situation.

View solution in original post

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

So the real problem is with Startrack. You need to lodge a formal complaint and claim with them. You will need to provide the police statement that you made when you reported it as well. They will then have to go to Telstra to get the replacement phone to deliver to you. 

You could try going through a Telstra store,  but it may be more difficult that way (you will still need the police statement) as they may not be able to deal with the return effectively as online orders are in a different system (especially if they are a licensed store).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

ZapbuzZ
Accepted Solution

after travelling to a shopping centre twice i got a replacement. The transport cost was half the unit price so I won't be in a hurry to claim any time soon other than from a Telstra store rather than online.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Dowser
Accepted Solution

@ZapbuzZ wrote:

<snip>
I tried all the steps given by Telstra to remove the pin it didn't work, They proceeded to tell me to return it through a Telstra dealer under warranty.

Telstra have told you to return the unit under warranty (presumably for a replacement item).  It sounds like they are trying to assist you to resolve the situation.

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

So the real problem is with Startrack. You need to lodge a formal complaint and claim with them. You will need to provide the police statement that you made when you reported it as well. They will then have to go to Telstra to get the replacement phone to deliver to you. 

You could try going through a Telstra store,  but it may be more difficult that way (you will still need the police statement) as they may not be able to deal with the return effectively as online orders are in a different system (especially if they are a licensed store).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

ZapbuzZ

its about the pin the vindictive pirates left on it when they got heat about it but since it was so well organized I am guttered police told me to go to the manufacturer than take a statement thus I am filling out a stat declaration.

ZapbuzZ

I Appreciate your advice I didn't take the phone to the police when it arrived I just rocked up without it so that's probably why they didn't take a statement so I will fill a stat declaration and ask for police to sign and take that to the Telstra shop.

ZapbuzZ

At this point of time neither Telstra Nor Startrack contacted me about my complaints.

Its a pity but  Australia post i can get my parcels from the post office it is safer I can go there and receive it without the issues. Startrack can get stuffed. No more parcels for me until its through Australia post. 

Jupiter

Hate to tell you but Startrack is part of Australia Post.

Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team

Hi ZapbuzZ, This is such an usual, yet concerning case, is the matter now in hand? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ZapbuzZ

After I travelled 112 kilometres twice from my place to a shopping centre the device was replaced by Telstra. The transport cost was half the price of the handset. I will claim any future rewards in store due to this as then it will be reliable and half the transport cost.

ZapbuzZ
Accepted Solution

after travelling to a shopping centre twice i got a replacement. The transport cost was half the unit price so I won't be in a hurry to claim any time soon other than from a Telstra store rather than online.

ZapbuzZ

statutory declaration wasn't required Telstra accepted in store and organised a replacement.

ZapbuzZ

they did and in future i will claim rewards in store only.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit