CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

HTC Desire S Dead

Hi,

My HTC Desire S froze whilst I was using it yesterday. The battery was fully charged at the time.

I tried removing the battery, sim and sd card and now the phone will not respond at all.

When I plug it in to charge the red charge light does not come on and the phone doesn't respond.

Won't respond to a reset either.

Any help or suggestions? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: HTC Desire S Dead

Hi Timbo13

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with you HTC Desire S.

From reading what you have put down so far, it sounds like it could be likely a fault. Given that you have taken out the battery as well as attempted a hard reset on the handset, I would suggest to bring it to one of my fellow Tech Experts for them to see if they can bring it back to life, if not would have to have this sent away for repair.

I would advise to book a Tech Bar Session and have one of my fellow Tech Experts see if they revive your precious handset, failing that they can send it away for you.

Hope that this helps,

Please advise if you have this resolves your issue,

Kind Regards,

Wilson L 

Tech Expert & Smartphone Champion Claremont WA

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra

Need some Technical Advice & Support, Book a Tech Bar Session with a Tech Expert Today
Highlighted

I to have the same problem, charged to 100%   taken off usb went to use it one hour later and wont turn on, when connected to power the battery screen charge comes on but nothing else, any suggestions would be appreciated

Bryan,

don't know if you've had it fixed already but I took mine into the Telstra shop and the motherboard was fried. Needed to be sent away to get fixed.

Hope this helps.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit