CarrieB
Level 3: Gumshoe

HTC one xl not syncing with Google contacts

Answered

HI, my first post.

My new HTC so far does everything I need it o, except being able to sync my Google contacts.

In Accounts & Sync, auto-sync is switched on and everything works except for the contacts.

There is an ! mark next to the Sync Contacts button and an explanation at the base stating "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly"

It has not come back since it was first synced with my Contacts on the day I bought it from Telstra.

Has anyone got a solution please, or has experienced a similar problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kevink
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: HTC one xl not syncing with Google contacts

This happened to me once. What I ended up doing was disconnecting my google account from my phone restart the phone, add the account back. Also make sure in your contact settings that you let it display your phone contacts as well as your google contacts. I personally only display phone contacts because I have far too many Google ones as Google sometimes automatically will add someone as a contact that you have emailed a few times.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
kevink
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

This happened to me once. What I ended up doing was disconnecting my google account from my phone restart the phone, add the account back. Also make sure in your contact settings that you let it display your phone contacts as well as your google contacts. I personally only display phone contacts because I have far too many Google ones as Google sometimes automatically will add someone as a contact that you have emailed a few times.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

CarrieB

Many thanks, Kevin. I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.
Carrie
CarrieB

Kevin, hi.

You are a gem. Your solution worked perfectly.

Many thanks indeed.

Kind regards

Carrie

Cat Happy

ripper45
Level 1: Cadet

I have had a similar problem with my HTC one xl not syncing with Google contacts
and have drawn from the above posts and did the following to solve the problem Smiley Wink

Setting> Account & Sync>Google Account>Menu>Remove>Restart.

People>Menu>Open Account Setting>Add>Google>Existing>Login details. Smiley Happy

Then I tested it and what do you know it works, for now! The only other I should of taken into account is contact saved via HTC Device maybe lost. As the device only saves locally unless you used Outlook via HTC Sync. Smiley Sad

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit