Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
abucas01
Level 2: Rookie

Re: ICS for SII available

Whats happened to the 'List' view in contact Favourites?

Also when viewing contact details the contact picture is a only displayed as a strip view portion of the picture rather than the whole picture as in the gingerbread version!

What a backward step

ohrisandeep
Level 1: Cadet

Where is the faceunlock feature ? 

amb74
Level 3: Gumshoe

Yes have the same problem - only 2 options in share via section -  ironically if you look at a video, all the options are there as per usual. And also as noted above phone doesnt auto rotate pic any more.

I suppose push comes to shove will use something else instead of gallery for browsing images. Seems an odd stuff up, so hopefully will be resolved soon.

Other than that I have found the phone to have better battery life and be much more responsive since doing the ICS update.

Ianford147
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Amb74, how did you get better battery life? I'm having to charge 2 - 3 times/day. A few others have said that too, any tips?
excelerate
Level 4: Private Eye

How can I downgrade back to 2.3.6 I just don't like ICS and the layout etc.?

Please someone post the steps to do so?

Thanks!!

Lathania
Level 21: Augmented

Excelerate

Like I said in my previous post, you'd have to backup beforehand. The only thing I can reccomend is see if you can talk Tech Support into giving you a warranty replacement and hoping the new ones aren't upgraded. Perhaps a store would be able to help if the ones at the warehouse are updated. Good luck though, if you can't do it through that method you'll need to do some google research as Telstra probably won't be able to support you reverting back.

Lathania

amb74 I had the same problem, and it seems it's a bug in the Gallery not restricted to the Telstra ICS ROM.

I did find a workaround, in Gallery, if you press and hold the picture you wish to send until you see the green tick on the picture, the Share via menu shows the options that you are missing.

Annoying that it requires an extra step, but it works.

Give it a go.

pacificblue03

Mossy98

It is not a ICS Issue as i had previously had a Custom ICS and all share via options as well as auto rotate were working fine, the telstra one is the same for all telstra users, my friend with optus has all features working 100% my ICS from LP4 on a custom place which i may use again has all features working too, it is telstra like usual. 

bwp85

Hi Steph,

I found a new firmware (I9210TDVLD1 still only 2.3.6 Gingerbread) on SamMobile, although I can't install it.  Will this roll out to current devices (OTA) or is it a minor update for new sales?

Also wondering what it will improve (guessing it improves battery life span).

Regards,

Brian

Backflip

I have a bit of anissue with contacts. Now when i search in contacts for either calling or smsing it shows multiple entries under the same name. I went to make a call and it showed 5 entries, with just the contact's name. then went to sms someone else and it showed 3 entries. I have contacts set to show phone only, and in the menu itself it shows just the one entry  for each contact.

i also get a pop up message at least once a day saying that unfortunately MAPServiceSamsung has stopped working.

amb74

@mossy98 wrote:

amb74 I had the same problem, and it seems it's a bug in the Gallery not restricted to the Telstra ICS ROM.

I did find a workaround, in Gallery, if you press and hold the picture you wish to send until you see the green tick on the picture, the Share via menu shows the options that you are missing.

Annoying that it requires an extra step, but it works.

Give it a go.

If i select, as you suggest an image at the gallery view and hold till tick appears and press "more" and then share via I get all options .

It does bring up the "Share via"  in the individual picture view under gallery.. Same as pressing the left button at the bottom of screen. - but most of the options are missing - Only have AllShare and picasa. But if you select a video file - all options are there.

yes it sounds like a bug to me 😉

amb74

@Ianford147 wrote:
Amb74, how did you get better battery life? I'm having to charge 2 - 3 times/day. A few others have said that too, any tips?

It may be because since upgrading my exchange push sync of calenders etc has stoppped working properly. if i set it to check every x minutes it seems to go back to normal and update properly. Was hoping the update would improve the buggy exchange implementation - not make it worse!!! Havent tried much yet to resolve though so hoping there are simple solutions out there. It seems Google just really want you to go Gmail and forget Exchange. Also I do have an extended battery pack on mine, but have not seen a major change in life since upgrading from 2.3.6 to 4.03. Otherwise though phone is a lot quicker.

amb74

Have finally given up on getting the built in Android Exchange client to work properly. Trialling Touchdown as a replacement.

Android don't seem to be interested in making their exchange work properly. it seems to get worse every version.
cartman02au

I too am finding the battery life to be absolutely apalling. I have done a factory reset, wiped my SD Card and it is still terrible. What is even more disappointing is that the whole reason I purchased the phone was because the sales rep said that ICS was coming soon to the device...

shonky2400

Hi folks, I've not noticed this issue before and nobody else has mentioned it in this thread by the looks, I've upgrade to the new ICS Telstra firmware just a few days ago and  ever since the phone keeps connecting to the 3TELSTRA network whenever it gets a chance which we all know is garbage when it comes to speed, but that is not the main issue.

The main issue with my GS2 and this new firmware is that once the phone is on 3TELSTRA, it flat out refuses to disconnect from it even when there is a NextG tower with much better signal nearby, I have to manually change networks most of the time, any ideas on how to disable 2100MHz access, or somehow make the phone prioritise 850MHz?

onethreealpha

g00gle search "disable 2100mhz. sgs2". samsung keycode gives you access to functions including band/freq enable/disable.

or

wait a few months and Telstra will disable ot for you 😉

suggest a hard reset to see if this fixes it.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit