PJMurphy
Level 1: Cadet

Issue with Samsung Galaxy S2 - having to repair a second time

In some ways this is probably more of a vent than a question.

Does anyone else take umbrage to the policy of telstra to repair a phone 3 times prior to replacing a handset?

I have had to return my Samsung Galaxy S2 for the second time since starting the plan in January. The staff in the shop I have attended have been lovely, and it seems that their hands are tied in this matter. 

There are 2 main issues here from my point of view

1) Having no phone for a week  or more each time it is repaired, and thus no contact via email which I need for work

2) I have no real faith in the handset when I get it back as it has seemed like a dud since the first time I had to send it off for repairs

3) Paying full price for a product and not receiving a properly functioning device

It is frustrating and if anyone knows another way around it I would much appreciate it!

Regards,

Paul

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Luke_M
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Issue with Samsung Galaxy S2 - having to repair a second time

Hi Paul,

Sorry about this and I fully understand your frustration. Great to hear that the Telstra staff have been of assistance where possible.

Unfortunately Telstra is not responsible for setting policies for handset repairing or replacement. Telstra is merely facilitating this process on your behalf with the handset manufacturer, in this case Samsung.

If your latest repair is not successful I would suggest contacting Samsung directly and explaining your situation. You can log a service request on Samsung's website here (I believe you need to register for an account first): http://www.samsung.com/au/support/online/supportOnlineServiceRequest.do?page=SERVICE.REQUEST

Regards,
Luke
PJMurphy
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Issue with Samsung Galaxy S2 - having to repair a second time

Hi Luke,

Thank you for your reply.

Whilst I understand what you are saying, my point is that I have entered into a contract with Telstra that included a handset and connection.

I entered into this contract on the recommendation of the Telstra staff and require the service for my work. I am on the road most of the week and need to have a connection to email, calendar and internet to complete my role. Being without my phone greatly hinders my capability.

I am paying a monthly fee to Telstra and need to have their side of the contract fulfilled. Today the temporary phone I have been leant by Telstra has decided to automatically turn itself off and now needs me to remove and reinstall the battery to get it going. This is getting ridiculous.

I am not wanting to get heated about this, but I am seriously considering cancelling my contract with Telstra and taking up with an alternate provider that is able to assist me in keeping a mobile connection over the contract duration.

Regards,

Paul

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit