prem5
Level 1: Cadet

Lost Phone

Hi, 

I have lost my phone along with Telstra Sim. I hav been trying to reach the support since yesterday to report the incident but unfortunately I cannot.  Device security can be compromised when someone looses their phone.  In this case can we reach to support directly?  It is misfortune that we cannot reach out to support when we have lost our phones.  The automated IVR keeps retreating that it will send sms to resolve most of the issues on a lost phone and a lost sim.  

Customer - who uses your mobile phone services, NBN services.  Can't find a way to reach you.

Kind Regards,

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Lost Phone

Unfortunately it is difficult at the moment. The current system doesn't work for reporting lost devices/SIMs as it relies on using the My Telstra app (and a verification SMS that you obviously can't receive).

You might be better off going to a Telstra Store if possible.

Depending on your device, you may be able to lock it either through your Google, Samsung or Apple account. This will lock the phone, but won't disable the SIM unfortunately.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit