Cin_Kat
Level 1: Cadet

Mid text freezing, lag send/receive texts

Hi all!

In July, I switched from iphone 4S to galaxy S5. But, since September I have noticed that when I type a text, to ONE number- my phone freezes for a few seconds up to a couple minutes, and there's a lag in it sending and popping up to show that is been sent. The recipient says the texts come through on his end fine. After checking that system updates are current, I took the phone to the Telstra Store, they did a SIM swap. The issue was not resolved. I spoke to someone in tech support and he said there wasn't anything he could do, and that I should monitor it for a week and get back to him. This was in October, since then the issue has gotten worse and it's doing my head in. What the heck is going on, and why is it just that one number that's having this issue? Help!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
thedylan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Mid text freezing, lag send/receive texts

Hey Cin_Kat,

If your phone is freezing up I would be inclined to think there may be something wrong with the handset itself, so I would recommend heading back into your nearest T-Life store and organising to have it sent off to our National Repair Centre for a Warranty Assessment.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit