Dude25
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile phone

Answered

Bought a $49 Telstra phone from Telstra shop.  They put Post paid  sim from my old phone into The new one.  Can’t make outgoing calls but can receive incoming.  Have been back to Telstra shop twice.  They haven’t got an answer.  Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile phone

The first thing to try would be to remove the SIM and reinsert it (poor seating is the usual problem).

What happens when you try to make an outgoing call? Do you get an indication on the screen, or a sound through the earpiece?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

The first thing to try would be to remove the SIM and reinsert it (poor seating is the usual problem).

What happens when you try to make an outgoing call? Do you get an indication on the screen, or a sound through the earpiece?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Dude25
Level 1: Cadet

I don’t think it’s the sim because I can receive calls just not make outgoing.

when I try to make the call it says emergency numbers only 

Jupiter

Then it's an account level issue. It's basically saying that your service has not got any credit (Post Paid equivalent = suspended).

You will need to contact Telstra by sending a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human.

They will need to check your account for any blocks on outgoing calls and to whether your account is paid up.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit