Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
OllieW
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Moto G5 Plus - how to enable 4G Voice Calling

Hi Bamford, are you referring to Wi-Fi calling here?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Bamford
Level 2: Rookie

No - how to configure the phone so I can make 4G voice calls in a 4G only area (VoLTE). At the moment the phone always switches to 3G for voice calls but some cell areas are now 4G only.

OllieW
Support Team
Support Team

So are you not able to make calls in those 4G areas?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Bamford

No - The both of us get Telstra warnings saying that voice calls cannot be made - even emergency calls!

Moto G5plus and iPhone 6

@OllieW wrote:

So are you not able to make calls in those 4G areas?

LauraBee
Support Team
Support Team

You should be able to set up or check your VoLTE settings easily through your device. 

To check on your Moto G5 Plus just head to settings > Networks > VoLTE/HD calls

To check on your iPhone 6 just head to settings > Mobile > Mobile Data Options > Voice & Data  

You'll need to make sure both devices are up to date with the newest software updates, and that both devices have VoLTE calling enabled. It typically takes about 4 hours for VoLTE to be activated on a device once it's enabled. 

Bamford

Thanks Laura

I have followed these instructions before - the software on both phones is current.

Regarding the Moto G5+ - when I go to Mobile/Networks/Advanced - the only option is to check either 3G or 4G - the 4G option has always been selected. There is no VoLTE option?

Regarding the iPhone 6 - Voice and Data has always been selected.

As we travel through various rural areas we still get Telstra warnings saying it is a 4G  voice call area only and our phones cannot make voice calls or emergency calls.

Would a new SIM card help?

LauraBee
Support Team
Support Team

It seems like we may not support VoLTE on the Moto G5 Plus model. 

We do support VoLTE across all iPhone models from the 6 onward, so you should be able to access it on that device. 

I would recommend popping in to one of our stores, as they can test and replace your SIM if needed. 

To skip the wait in store, just book an appointment with the store of your choice here: https://tel.st/g6c7p 

- Laura 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit