uanmi21
Level 1: Cadet

My Telstra app crashes on Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

I've tried uninstall, hard reset of the phone and reinstall, this does nothing. App fails after login. Any fixes to this app?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
matinsnaff
Level 1: Cadet

'Re: My Telstra app crashes on Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

I'm also facing same issue, anyone here to help?

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: My Telstra app crashes on Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Use this form to register your issue..

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/24x7-feedback

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
SteveW_52

Re: 'Re: My Telstra app crashes on Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Use this form to register your issue..

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/24x7-feedback

Stevo 52
Rohan123
Level 20: Director

Just putting it out there, I have a Samsung galaxy s21 ultra.

The my Telstra app is working.

Maybe there is a 3rd party app causing interference.

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
SteveW_52

@Rohan123   yes, that is possible..  but there was a request made by @Gamgees  for all issues with the My Telstra app to be recorded and submitted via the form I linked to..  which is why I posted it.. (Gamgees Edit: removed link as not accessible to all)

I am sure some people are not having any problems, but others are - so it makes sense to collect and collate all reports? I have trouble with the app on my Pixel 5's and others have reported the same sort of issues..  and you are saying you have no problems..  do you have the latest version of the app?.  I do and am having trouble even after uninstalling, re-installing, clearing data and cache etc. with logging in and staying logged in..  at least one other BT person also has the same issues, and several general users..  

Stevo 52
Rohan123

@SteveW_52 

Well just to test,  I uninstalled my current my Telstra app and updated to the version dated 7 June 2021 through google play. 

Is this the update people are having problems with?

Once again app worked fine for me.

Happy to test further, if you want me to test certain functions of the app.

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
SteveW_52

It might be that not everyone is having the problem, for various reasons..

The point I was trying to get across, was that Telstra have now put in place a more formal reporting process for the My Telstra app and want people to use it..

As of yesterday afternoon, without any update that I can see, on my Pixel 5 I logged in fine to My Telstra and this time it seems to be working as it should, no being logged out or trouble logging on repeatedly, was able to save the log-in. No other changes to apps on my device. So my summation is that the problem was possibly not actually within the app, but maybe  with the log in, credential checking, process. That said, I had no trouble logging into Telstra elsewhere - My Account and processes within, email etc. were all OK for me (unlike some people reporting here in CrowdSupport).

Stevo 52
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Hi @SteveW_52,

Yesterday morning when I looked at my My Telstra App I was still logged in from the night before and it hasn't logged me out since.

Finger's crossed, it looks like the problem might have been fixed now.Smiley Happy

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
SteveW_52

@Smiley3   same here, but in the afternoon. Have you any idea if anything changed? I can't spot any differences - still on 66.0.93.  I am leaning towards the cause being with Telstra credential handling..

I have had no further response to my submitted report, other than the initial 'check everything at your end' default Telstra action...

Stevo 52
Smiley3

@SteveW_52, my App version is the same as your's.

I can't see anything different. I'm presuming there was a misalignment somewhere in the system because of the wording I was seeing when opening the App..."We couldn't retrieve your Telstra Plus membership details"..then having to sign in everytime this showed.

I'm glad it's working now. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit