KiwiJD
Level 2: Rookie

My Telstra Widget

Why does the My Telstra widget not configure to my pre-paid service? It used to work but now i can no longer even place it because it fails to configure. All other internet functions work as does the My Telstra app itself, just the widget fails to recognise my service. Maybe it is no longer available for prepaid services.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: My Telstra Widget

What sort of phone do you have and are you using the latest version of the My Telstra app?

Mine works fine on a Pixel5..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
KiwiJD

Hi Steve,

I am on a Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G.

Kernel

4.19.87-21564771

Android Version 11

KiwiJD

And yes, latest My Telstra.

KiwiJD

This is the screen I get

SteveW_52

This might be something to report to the My Telstra support people..

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/24x7-feedback

Stevo 52
Leondb
Level 1: Cadet

I get the same screen after my pre paid has been migrated

jayonaise
Support Team
Support Team

Deleting the app an reinstalling it may help.

You can also send feedback about errors through the GET HELP tab (scroll down to FEEDBACK ON OUR APP).

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Leondb

Deleted and reinstalled, still the same. 

ACroker
Support Team
Support Team

Hi. I can see you're having a few difficulties with the My Telstra app widget. The comment Jay Burke made is very good. These would be the steps I would suggest when troubleshooting. But if you have no luck with an uninstall/reinstall, power off/power on then you may need to use the "get help" tab within the app. Alternatively you could try this that has worked for another user https://tel.st/zuut73. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with and I'll be happy to assist.

- Ash

Leondb

Tried Get Help tab already, only suggestion they give is the same, uninstall/reinstall. Thank you for sharing the link but that won't help as the Widget doesn't even want to complete the configuration as you can't see any accounts.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

If you log in to My Telstra via the website https://www.myservices.telstra.com.au/home

do you see your services there? If not, there should be the option to add the service.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Leondb

Yes, I see the service fine on the website and in the My Telstra App, it is only the widget that does not show any service.

KKA123

Having the same issue atm, 

Been sent to internet team was sent a case number now waiting. So frustrating. Does yours work now?.

ACroker
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @KKA123, I can see you're having the same problem with the My Telstra app widget this other user is experiencing. This seems to be an issue within the app itself and not account related as other users are experiencing the problem. I'm glad that you've raised this with support and got a reference number, you've gone through all the necessary steps and hopefully this should be resolved soon. If there's anything else we can help you with please feel free to reach out.

- Ash

DavidPurdie

Hi,

I'm having the same issue on a Pixel 3a running Android 11.
The widget used to work. Looks like may people are having a similar issue. Perhaps its associated with recent updates to Android.

- David

SteveW_52

Works fine on my Pixel 5's..  I suspect it is an issue within the App itself, as others have been advised. Maybe follow the same processes to get the issue recorde and then hopefully resolved..   start with uninstalling and reinstalling the app, then see if the problem is still there..

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit