AC70
Level 3: Gumshoe

Need help to increase incoming ring time for incoming calls - msg on

I am setting up an OPEL SMART 6X mobile for my sick non tech husband. Stupidly, I have spent hours trying to do this on the actual phone then it dawned on me, I had to go through Telstra. Please can someone help me with the procedure to do this. The important thing is to have the phone ringing a lot longer than three times before going to the message. The message is not that important - would like it changed or put to default msg.   Best Regards

Anne Cooney

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Need help to increase incoming ring time for incoming calls - msg on

Hi AC70,

Try dialing the below code into the mobile phone's calling app...make sure that you type it exactly as you se it.

**61*101**30# then press the call/send button. 

The 30 = 30 seconds of ringing before it goes to MessageBank. Telstra say's that's the longest amount of seconds you can set...but another Crowdsupport member has posted that 55 seconds has worked for them. You could try replacing the 30 with 55.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

Presuming you are diverting to the Messagebank..

Open the phone app, bring up the dial pad,   key in **61*101**30#  then press the Call/Send button

Note: the in the above string '30' s the ring time in seconds before divert..  you can set that between 15 and 55 secs in increments of 5 sec (i.e. for 55 seconds key in **61*101**55#  then send

You should get some sort of confirmation that it was successful. But give it a few minutes then call the number from another device and let it ring out to confirm the setting is correct..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
SteveW_52

My mobiles are all set to 55 unless I need the shortest possible ring for an unattended device..  Smiley Happy

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
AC70

Thank you Smiley3 --- --- no 55 doesn't work - 30secs is the max. Now my husband can get to his phone to answer it - he is grateful to you. You certainly put a SMILE on his DIAL (haha). Could I ask one more thing - what code do I put into change the msg.??  Thanks again.

Anne Cooney
Smiley3

Hi Steve,

I'm glad you're living proof that 55 seconds worksSmiley Wink

It's funny how Telstra only post 30 seconds as the longest ring time on their webpage's...and multiple Telstra Employee's in store have told me that 30 seconds is the longest that can be set tooSmiley Surprised

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Smiley3

Hi @AC70,

You're both welcome, I'm glad I was able to put a smile on his dial Smiley Happy

I personally don't use MessageBank, but have a look at the below link under the heading:

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/mobiles-devices/messagebank-call-forwarding-ring-time

Hopefully those instructions work for youSmiley Wink

SteveW_52

I don't know why, but 55 works for me, I just tried it again and all OK..  Smiley Happy   I must be special!!!

my homephone is also set to 55..  I don't walk so fast anymore..  

Stevo 52
Smiley3

Yes, you must be specialSmiley Happy

I've seen in other posts on Crowdsupport that 55 seconds doesn't work for them either when you suggest it.

My mobile probably rings that long anyway and has done so for many year's...I don't want to fiddle with mine to test it out Smiley Wink

I don't have a home phone so can't test it on thatSmiley Very Happy

SteveW_52

Maybe it's the Pixels but I doubt it, it is just plain old Telstra 101..  and yes, I was loathe to try it on my main device so I tested on another, tried all settings from 15 to 55..  all OK.. the Carrier message 'Successful' came back each time and a dial test confirmed it..  lucky me!

Stevo 52
ProfessorPhone

It always was (previously) stated until recently that it was actually 5 to 30 seconds...though I can't imagine what use 5 was. For the record the current diversion codes and processes started with GSM in about 1992. In fact it was GSM who created sims (Subscriber Identity Modules). 

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
AC70

Stevo 52 --- think telstra only allows to 30secs as tried all - would be nice if they allowed more time -- who are you with if you don't mind me asking ?

Anne Cooney
SteveW_52

I know what is stated, and Telstras official line on it..  but 55 secs works for me - mobiles and homephone now they are consolidated..  Smiley Happy

if others can't do it, I have no idea why not..  I am just glad i can..

Stevo 52
AC70

sorry all - first time on crowsupport - have liked all and appreciated your help

Anne Cooney
SteveW_52

I have some mobile, home phone and internet service with Telstra..  

Stevo 52
ProfessorPhone

I just set one of my 2 Telstra mobiles to 55 seconds which it confirmed, but when I did a 61 diversion check *#61# it showed the diversion was only 30 seconds.

When I actually rang that phone it diverted to message bank at 30 seconds. So in my case it acknowledged the setting at 55 seconds but in reality as above its still 30 seconds. Very curious indeeed

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
SteveW_52

Curious mine, mine definitely ring for the full 55 secs before diverting..  I always check it when changing the divert time..  and have done so in testing I did today..  home phone as well, the long ring is quite annoying sometimes actually..

Maybe things are still being configured in the Telstra Messagebank system..

Stevo 52
SteveW_52

Here's one of mine..

Interestingly, the same MMI code (with 321 instead of 101) works on Optus as well...  never checked that before..  Smiley Happy

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit