BillT
Level 1: Cadet

Netgear m5

Answered

Hi, back in Oz from US and have an AT&T badged Netgear mobile device. will this device work in the Telstra network with a Telstra SIM fitted or do I need a Telstra badged device. Device is "unlocked"!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Netgear m5

Let your fingers do the walking...

https://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Guides/Will-my-phone-work-in-Australia-carrier-network-fr...

If the AT&T device isn't 28 capable, you might have some problems..  the band list you give, doesn't include some of the common 5G (n) bands either..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
SteveW_52

Provided the AT&T device uses the same 'bands' that Telstra uses, it should be fine..

Best way yo find out is to try a SIM in it.. a 5G one might only work at 4G though as the rollout is still in progress..  so if you have a SIM handy, pop it in and see what happens..  if you need to buy one, maybe take the device to a store and try it before handing over your hard earned for something that won't work?

Stevo 52
BillT

Hi,

Thanks for the response. When I asked the question of AT&T their response included the following

"It should work with other carriers as long as the bands compatible with this hotspot match the ones of the carrier you will be using. 
MR5100 bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 14, 17, 29, 30, 46, 66. "

Do you know how to find the bands Telstra uses?

SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

Let your fingers do the walking...

https://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Guides/Will-my-phone-work-in-Australia-carrier-network-fr...

If the AT&T device isn't 28 capable, you might have some problems..  the band list you give, doesn't include some of the common 5G (n) bands either..

Stevo 52

View solution in original post

BillT

Thanks - look like your fingers have already done the walking - will get someone over there to sell for me.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit