ingle21
Level 1: Cadet

Newly activated Telstra Sim has no reception in unlocked HTC One M7

Newly activated Telstra Sim has no reception in unlocked HTC One M7. I'm in a remote QLD area however surrounded by other Telstra users with full coverage. The phone was bought brand new in London, unlocked and bought outright. It's successfully used Optus and Boost in Metro areas but I can't receive anything on the new Telstra Sim. I've already tried switching between GSM-CDMA-LTE and AUTO. I'm near Roma QLD

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Patrice_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Newly activated Telstra Sim has no reception in unlocked HTC One M7

Hi ingle21, 

Have you contacted our activations team on 13 22 00 to ensure that this has been set up correctly? At this stage I would recommend resetting the network settings on the device to see if they auto pick up the default Telstra sim details. 

-Patrice

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

extendo
Level 20: Director

That is intresting and does it work when you use one of your friends Telstra's SIM card in your device. ?

ingle21
Level 1: Cadet

Tried Telstra tech support etc. After some digging online it looks like the European released HTC one (which I have) doesn't pick up the required 850mhz frequency band for rural Telstra coverage.
extendo
Level 20: Director

Mate you are right, well thats a bummer -

Europe/ Middle East/ Africa: : 900/1900/2100 MHz with HSDPA up to 42 Mbps

That was like a opening a kinder surprise with nothing in it Smiley Surprised

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit