Viijayy
Level 1: Cadet

One number for TicWatch LTE

Hi, So I'm a Telstra customer, I have a Post paid service for my Samsung Galaxy S10 mobile, and I recently activated Prepaid mobile service on my TicWatch Pro LTE (Purchased from official Mobvoi Amazon store) which uses eSim. ( I scanned the eSim barcode that was given by telstra retail store for my prepaid sim)

I make and receive calls and texts on my phone and watch with their respective numbers without any issues. But i don't like having 2 number, instead i prefer to have the telstra One number and use my watch. 

I tried getting the one number setup but l found out that it has to be either a Apple or samsung watch. Is there a way get the one number activated on my watch by scanning a barcode? All i need is a barcode for the one number so i can scan and get the esim profile activated. Really helps me to keep going if this can be done. Thank you

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: One number for TicWatch LTE

There is no barcode for Telstra OneNumber. It is set up through your account (and the software on the watch). If your watch doesn't have the software to enable OneNumber, then you can't activate it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Viijayy

I will blame Google Wear OS for not supporting their OS as expected. Thank you for reply

Jupiter

Well, the site does say that the functionality is only available in teh UK, US and Germany, so maybe it is user error in purchasing it and expecting it to work here rather than Google's fault in this case.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Viijayy

Like said the watch was sold on Official Ticwatch store on amazon.

why would they sell a LTE version without support? 

Also i can use the VOLTE feature on the watch for making calls on 4g LTE. I'm sure this feature will only be enabled with carrier support. i know many phones purchased from overseas like one plus still doesn't support VOLTE on Telstra. seeing VOLTE working on the watch made me think it might support.

Jupiter

It's the shared number (OneNumber) support that is only available in 3 countries. It says that in the device description on the product's website.

It doesn't really matter where it is sold if you don't read all the product information before committing to purchase it. It only took me 30 seconds to find it, so it's not that hard.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit