Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Online Chat

I dont know if I have the right page here to ask but here I  go.

Am I able to chat online using my laptop?.  It seems I cant as it is always going to the Robo guy Cory or whoever and comes up with repetitive answers and hangs up.

I am so fed up I have to use my mobile to chat online, its hard on my hands and fingers using the mobile for such things as I have osteoarthritis in both hands.

I managed to get Smiley Surprisednline" yesturday with my refund issue only to be told they were going to get back to me by end of day but they didnt.

It appears if somehow one makes a double payment on prepaid plus you cant get a refund on it.  Whats happening I would like to know. I am aware and understand about COVID and such likes.

Also, every time I do try to go onto chat it tells me I have to update and delete other files etc.  I am on the bare minimum now of Apps. No games, no FBk no email accounts etc.

Does anyone know how I can contact Telstra using my laptop and not mobile or is this not possible.  If unable to contact via phone mobile etc how can I ask about my refund.

Thanking all

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Online Chat

At the moment, the only way to chat is via the My Telstra app. Live Chat has been disabled due to the reduced staffing that is currently in place and the messaging type system is not available via a browser.

As far as your Osteoarthritis goes, depending on what type of phone you have, there are a couple of things that you can do to reduce the amount of typing that you need to do.

When the keyboard comes up on your phone, you might see a microphone symbol above the letters. If you tap on that, you can dictate to you phone and it will convert it to text (usually fairly accurately - it gets better with use).

You may also be able to get a bluetooth keyboard to use with your phone. Some of them are quite portable.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit