Marrrtinn
Level 1: Cadet

Phone won't receive sms

Could anyone help me , I have just realised I haven't been receiving sms messages for a couple weeks now. I have had the same number and phone for three years , I can send them successfuly and make and receive calls but sms don't come through, I have tried calling Telstra , talking online. But can't get through. I have reset the phone . Reset the internet connections. Made sure airplane mode and so not disturb aren't on . And nothing is happening. I know it's the sim and not the phone because I had a friend put their sim in my phone and sms messages worked for them . So frustrating. Smiley Sad . I am on prepaid and have a oppo ax5. Please any advice

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Phone won't receive sms

Did anything change on your phone or service before it stopped receiving SMS? Any updates etc.?

Have you checked what APN's are setup on the OPPO?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Was your friend's sim Telstra?

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

It's unlikely to be your actual physical sim, but the actual Telstra computer. But to diagnose effectively, you first need to put your sim in another Telstra phone.

If it still faults in a different Telstra phone,  it's a 2nd level technical adjustment in Telstra's computer system... ie a set up parameter needs a tick etc. Often a sim replacement will reset Telstra's settings for your service. As It's so difficult to deal with Telstra support now, a shortcut would be a sim change  But.... you need to test Your sim in another Telstra phone first to isolate the origin of the problem 

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit