QFleo
Level 1: Cadet

Prepaid SIM unreliable service

I was in border of WA this morning, since only telstra was the only available on that area, I purchase a sim pak, registered it, and even top it up with $50 on my credit card, I recieved an sms saying, the activation will be processed within 4 hours, I waited and nothing happen.

I drove back to Ceduna SA, and my Vodafone service 4G kicked in, and downloaded all the pertinent papers requirement on WA border to enter, I screen shot all of them. 

At this stage, 1:20am, Telstra sim given me a mobile number, that still not activated, mind you the $50 dollars was deducted on my bank, so fast, I check it online on my bank thru Vofadafone, but the service of Telstra is not working,. 

Well I need refund, I want to be a happy customer but Telstra fails. 

Eucla WA to Ceduna SA is almost 500 kilometre, and return approx 1000 kilometre, I drove, because after paying no services has been given, what's the purpose of registering, uploading all the details of drivers license and address. If we cannot use it. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Prepaid SIM unreliable service

Did you try turning your phone off, waiting a couple of minutes then turning it back on with the Telstra SIM in it? Did you leave the Telstra PrePaid SIM in long enough for it to register?

From your description it seems like you might have a dual SIM handset - if so, is it setup correctly for the second SIM you added.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Toriee
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Prepaid SIM unreliable service

Hey @QFleo

Do you have an order number handy?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit