JP555
Level 1: Cadet

RCS between Samsung messages and Android Messages

I have been following as many posts as I can about the recent (October 2020) change to RCS messaging via the Android Messages app and am now at a point where I can no longer stand the "disconnect" between the Telstra RCS service and the Android RCS service.

Phone 1 - Telstra Samsung S8 using Samsung Messages

Phone 2 - Boost Nokia 6.1 using Android Messages

Some of the issues experienced now are double messages getting sent at times and MMS is now sent as a hyperlink to some recipients.

Since the RCS changes to Android Messages, RCS between these 2 services no longer works. I know I can install Android Messages on the S8 and utilise Android's RCS service, but before I make the change I wanted to know if Telstra have any plan to integrate with their iteration of RCS (via Samsung Messages) with the newly released RCS standard used by Android Messages.

Has anyone else made the switch from Samsung Messages to Android Messages to address Telstra's shortcoming and did it work? Any other tips?

I like Samsung Messages and would prefer to stay with it but only if Telstra can correct integrate their RCS service with Android Messages (Jibe Mobile).

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit