aurion
Level 2: Rookie

Return a device

Answered

I upgraded my plan a couple months ago and was requested by Telstra to return my old device (fair enough).
They said they would send me out a return satchel and email me a tracking code for said satchel. I have not received either of those...

I have now received extra charged on my bill for not returning the device.

I spoke to a Telstra rep on the My Telstra phone app today, and they weren't the most helpful person around... They apologised that I hadn't received the satchel and they would "make a note" that I hadn't received one. They then sent me a link to an Australai Post article about returns:

https://auspost.com.au/sending/returns

Then said goodbye and closed the chat before I had a chance to ask anything else, such as:

Would I still be charged?
Where do I even send this device?
Do I need to put anything on the packaging when sending it?

Could anyone else answer those questions for me? Seeing as Telstra themselves don't seem too fussed on helping me...

Thanks is advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aurion
Accepted Solution

Re: Return a device

Hi Jupiter,

Thank you for that link, however it says I need a "return authorisation number", which is yet another thing that Telstra hasn't supplied to me. Can you tell me where I could find such a thing?

EDIT: Found an older post you replied to someone else stating their phone number is the authorisation number. Sorry, I had thought you meant my number was the order number.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Go to https://returns.auspost.com.au/tdc-vap and enter the mobile number that was associated with the device. If you don't have a printer, the Post Office can print the label out for you (and provide packaging).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
aurion
Accepted Solution

Hi Jupiter,

Thank you for that link, however it says I need a "return authorisation number", which is yet another thing that Telstra hasn't supplied to me. Can you tell me where I could find such a thing?

EDIT: Found an older post you replied to someone else stating their phone number is the authorisation number. Sorry, I had thought you meant my number was the order number.

View solution in original post

Trapper44
Level 1: Cadet

I just went straight to complaints, I refuse to deal with their stupid little message app now. beyond sick and tired of them not talking to us on the phone. i handed my phone back to telstra store and have been charged, better remove it or i will be going further

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit