Vivputra
Level 2: Rookie

S20plus network problem

Got new S20plus galaxy since then the phone always loosing network when driving.

Seem not register to the network automatically when jump to another tower.

Since galaxy S20plus not including on/off the Volte in the new software might cause the problem.

Or telstra not really support  Volte to all their tower.

Have tried with OPTUS sim card this phone never loosing network.

Iam located in 6122 WA

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: S20plus network problem

The towers in your area support VoLTE (as they have LTE 700MHz). They also have 5G, so I would suggest going in to your mobile network settings and changing them so that they use 4G/3G only (ie no 5G) and see if that improves connectivity.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Vivputra

Hi Jupiter

Already tried 2g/3g/4g only (now on it)

Still no luck

Some times it showing no network otherwise showing have network but nothing happening can't make call or Internet at all have to switch to plane mode first then get the network again.

Seems Telstra Volte didn't work

Thanks

Jupiter

Where did you buy the phone through? If it was Telstra, then the VoLTE should work. If it was somewhere else, then the carrier settings may not be correct to allow VoLTE to work, which could be causing the problems.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Vivputra

Hi Jupiter,

Of course I got it from Telstra

Do you know how many APN telstra have?

Wich one are the VoLTE?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit