fysh
Level 2: Rookie

S3 recent update problem

After update I cannot drag widgets or from one home screen Page to another. I get an onscreen notification that doesn't make sense. a reset doesnt help. I've taken a screen shot if someone wants an example.

The message says. "use the menu edit function to position of widget, and Folder and To resize widget " that is exactly what it says.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: S3 recent update problem

If you can upload the screenshot here with personal information removed, I'll be on for at least the next 30mins and can approve it.

Just use the Picture Icon above where you type in (assuming your on a PC and not the Mobile site) and we can see what you see 🙂

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

fysh

Screenshot_2012-09-30-12-48-26.png

fysh

Sorry didnt know how to resize it but you get the jist of it. any idea ?

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Hi Fysh,

They have updated the way to move shortcuts and widgets so you don't accidently do it when handling your phone.

To modify your screens, click on the "Menu" button - soft key to the left of the "Home" button. and then select "Edit Page" from the pop-up menu.  Then you can move your widgets as per normal.

The pop-up menu also allows you to add/delete pages and create folders.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Cameron

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
mikewheat

It seems that the Galaxy S3 update has some bugs in it.

In order to change anything on your home screens you need to go: Menu -> Edit Page

This allows you to move, add and remove icons and widgets.

However the bottom application bar is now locked, and unable to edit the persistent icons on the bottom dock. (BUG)

Hopefully these problems will be fixed with the inevitable update to Jelly Bean (Now rolling out in Europe, soon to hit Australia in the next couple of weeks if Telstra doesn't get in the way).

billdsl

Okay I have the same problem.

Its not a feature its a bug. make the phone quite annoying to use let me tell you. Can I have my money back?

fysh

It's still a problem I can edit my normal apps but the application bar cannot be edited and now I'm stuck with chrome
fysh

Lol you can rearrange apps but none of the icons work when you are in the edit menu. I so you can't create a folder etc
billdsl

bloody awful update, must only happen on some phones. bring on jellybean to hopefully resolve, ruins the experience in a big way

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit