MzKylz
Level 6: Bloodhound

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

HURRY UP AND PUT UP A PRE ORDER FOR IT PLEASE!! lol.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
60 REPLIES 60
Esther
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Hi MzKylz,

You can keep informed on when its due to be available be entering your details here https://www.telstra.com.au/eoi/keep-informed/ 

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Eeyore
Level 5: Eagle Eye

The phone is not out this month, Telstra has delayed release due to iPhone 5s and 5c releasing.

Expect the Note 3 to be out mid October.
bladefire999
Level 1: Cadet

If that is true I'm going with Optus, or whoever has it. I can't stand apple.
Eeyore

I do hope I am wrong.
wmania

I hope you are wrong too. It isn't fair that just because an Iphone is announced that takes priority, it almost makes you feel like a second class citizen.
ryballs
Level 2: Rookie

I hope you're wrong as well. I was wondering why every other provider has pre-order for the Note 3 except Telstra, With less than 2 weeks to go until the global release date and still no word from Telstra.. It's like they don't want our money!

nightflyer00

Come on Telstra. No one is interested in iPhone's anymore. They want new and exciting and you're just going to ignore it?

Everyone can download the new iPhone features in a few days. Put the Note 3 up for preorder now.

Guess we'll have to order from M***city instead.

BTW. The "Keep Informed" link above comes back File Not Found.

wsswong

The link above had a space at the end, that is why it did not work use the link here:

https://www.telstra.com.au/eoi/keep-informed/

And like a few people have mentioned, Telstra should announce plans and offers pretty quickly or they risk losing more customers to other providers.

samdyeraction

Yeah Telstra. Get your act together.

No one gives a sh*t about apple, they never had good products, and their fanboy status died the moment Steve Jobs did. Android has 60% of the market, Apple has 16%.

Even the Galaxy products alone outsell the iPhone ones by a wide margin.

It's not a hard decision, make some smart business choices.

Dan84

I Hope your wrong as well, been off contract for a while now waiting for this, if they dont announce the phone soon, ill have to pre-order with another carrier.

I really dont want to, the others dont have as good service in my area, but I will if I have to.

TurquoiseVegan

Telstra as others have said please wake up and llst this phone. Having the iPhone listed for pre order before the Galaxy Note 3 looks like anticompetitive behaviour or collusion ? I will also purchase elsewhere if Telstra drag their feet. My iPhone 3GS is failing and I need a new phone ASAP
Eeyore

Was told today that it is Delayed.

And will not be out this month.

Second time i have heard it from different people/stores.

Rather annoyed right now..

ryballs

http://www.cnet.com.au/samsung-galaxy-note-3-and-gear-watch-on-sale-3-october-339345466.htm

According to this Australian article pre-orders start right now Australia-wide for all providers (18th September 3pm AEST). Apparently I'm being 'kept informed'.. So where is my email Telstra?

Eeyore

Looks like the 3rd hopefully.

To far away!
chad_wilson123

This doesn't make sence. Just becuase iPhone is coming out this month doesnt mean you just cancel bringing out the note 3. DOWN RIGHT STUPID!!
Scarlos

My Wife and I are Vodafone Iphone customers and as our contracts are up and we're over the Iphone so we were going to change to Telstra and get Note 3's with gear. Reading Telstra was excited about the Note 3 and gear + with better coverage it sounded like a move to Telstra was a good move but seems to be a low priority now......Vodafone pre-order deal with gear is looking very good to me again! 

Fridge197
Level 3: Gumshoe

1 week out from launch and still absolutely sweet stuff all from Telstra. Surely your IPhone commitment is done and Telstra could use its obvious resources (the ones you use for iPhone.....ahem favouritism cough) to get the ball rolling.
shonniejohnny

It would be nice if telstra released something anything about the note 3. If its not going to be out till the 3rd of october then fine but we dont know anything. Its just rediculoua. Come on telstra
MzKylz

I am really hoping Telstra do the bundle like Vodafone have....

You know your failing as a company when Vodafone has the upper hand.... Just lucky I don't get service with Vodafone where I am...

My mobile is currently with Optus.. But everything else I have is with Telstra.. So fingers n toes crossed they bring out the bundle lol..

If 3rd October is release date for Note 3 , Reckon they might put up pre order tomorrow given its only a week away then?

I think I will wait n see what all companies offer though... So far Vodafone is on a win , with the bundle..

Scarlos

Update......anyone?

shonniejohnny

I'm hoping telstra surprises us all and is not having pre orders because they r going to have so much stock on thursday the 3rd. So no one will be missing out. Because virgin has also now allowing pre orders. Telstra please get ur act together and let your possible future or current loyal customers know what the hell your doing. Don't give me the oh no one knows nothing. How do u know nothing but vodafone n optus n virgin all know when they r getting theres.
MzKylz

I hope you're right Shonniejohnny...

Although someone has mentioned in a different post.. that telstra don't plan on releasing the Note 3 till mid October.... Which is a huge FAIL on their behalf..... Given people will go with another provider....

I honestly find it rude... When us loyal customers are obviously interested in this phone with their company & all they can continually tell us is register our interest!!

Someone must know something.... All will be revealed next week I guess..

Fridge197

Well if we haven't heard anything at the start of the week I'd say the mid-October rumour just may be true. Going to go into the Samsung experience store today to see if on Thursday I'll be able to get one through Telstra that way
Fridge197

I went into my local Telstra shop the other day and literally 10 minutes prior the Samsung rep had been through showing the staff the new Note 3. The staff said they weren't sure of when it was coming but the suspicious side of me thinks they knew more than what they were letting on.
DavidGBird

Spoke to the Manager at a Telstra Shop yesterday and they didn't know anything about the Note 3 until the Samsung Rep turned up, I was under the impression that they expected Stock to arrive for Thursday, but it seemed to me that perhaps "Magic Fairles" were going to be doing the delivery. Will ring on Wednesday afternoon and see how those Fairies are going.

Spoke to a Fone Zone rep today and they made the Telstra Shop rep look pretty knowledgable, I got the line "Telstra will release the phone once they have tested it with their network and made sure it will work"........ I just looked at him, shook my head and walked away, must have worked for Vodafone at some stage.

Currently looking at Optus's coverage and future 4G plans in my area, will fish out an old phone and plug in a Optus/Optus reseller SIM and check out the coverage over the next few days. If it looks ok I might get the 2 Notes 3s I'm after from Optus and save some money as Telstra only seems to be going with 1 plan for the Galaxy Note 3.

Fridge197

I actually got my hands on one today and it's only made me want one even sooner.

The girl at Samsung said that on the day of the release of the S4, Telstra in the same shopping centre didn't have any phones available at all. She pretty much said they are only filling outright purchase pre-orders and probably won't have any of the telco phones available at all.

Went to the Telstra shop where the guy just shrugged his shoulders at me and said sorry can't help.

Looked at Optus coverage today but they are still so far off any decent 4G coverage I can't justify the switch.
Leroy8888

Well here we are. Four days from the "supposed" release date and where are we ? Telstra stores with no idea when they will get stock, one pricing plan, no preorder options and absolutely no reasons from Telstra for the delay.

Seriously Telstra, can you provide any worse service to your loyal (for now) customers ?

Fridge197

Heeellllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooo  Telstra.........

What are you guys doing? Working out how many more jobs you can cut before you release the Note 3?

Eeyore

It will not be out for a while.

From what I got told today, Telstra are pushing it to be a blue tick handset, so modifications had to be done.

So it has been pushed back.

When? Who knows!
Fridge197

Stuff it then I'm going to switch to Optus. I'm mainly in Melbourne anyhow so hopefully I should get 4G most places.
Fridge197

Pre ordered through Optus will have it on the Thursday.......well done Telstra there goes the first device off my account which will be soon followed by the other mobile, iPad then ADSL
MzKylz

I just checked the Vodafone site... and they have removed the Note 3/Gear bundle now.... So much for keeping that active till 2nd Oct..

My contract has been up for 2 months with Optus... I really would like to switch my mobile sevice to Telstra... But I am thinkin I might just upgrade with Optus as well n be done with it....

I am looking at getting an iPad 5 also... Which my current iPad is with telstra... Maybe I should switch companies for that also..

So frustrating!!

MzKylz

So I found this.....

The Samsung GALAXY Note 3 will be available on a range of Telstra plans including:

Consumer customers can purchase the Samsung GALAXY Note 3 on the $80 Every Day ConnectTM Plan with a $8 handset repayment per month (when you stay connected for 24 months), with $800 worth of included calls and MMS, unlimited SMS and 1.5GB of data, all to standard Australian numbers (and excluding use overseas) each month. Min cost over 24 months is $2,122 ($88/mth) and 2 minute standard call is $2.38, excess data $0.10/MB.

Business customers can purchase the Samsung GALAXY Note 3 on $80 Business Performance Plan with a $8 per month handset repayment for 24 months when you stay connected for 24 months, with $800 worth of included calls and MMS, unlimited SMS and 1.5GB of data, all to standard Australian numbers (excludes use overseas) each month. Min cost $2,122 ($88/mth) and 2 minute standard call is $2.38, excess data $0.10/MB.

Samsung GALAXY Note 3 will also be available to be purchased outright in Telstra stores for $912 RRP and GALAXY Gear will be available in Telstra stores for $369 RRP.

So you are looking at a minimum $88  a month just for the standard plan...  And if you go over & above your usage.. You are looking at a HUGE bill.... Whereas similar deal with Optus..

$ 74 ^
$60 My Plan +
$14 handset repayment
After your $10 handset credit
600 mins 1
+
1 GB 2
1MB included data = $0.0195
+
Unlimited
Standard national SMS/MMS

But if you go over & above your usage with optus.... you pay a maximum of $20 on top of your plan.....

Hmmmmm
Fridge197

I signed up with Optus this morning on the $90 plan with 800min talk, unlimited text and 2gb data which as you said will only cost me $10 a month if I go up to 3gb.

My only concern was 4G coverage but within 6 months they'll cover my house in Western Melbourne which really isn't that big of a deal anyways as I have wifi. My work and most of greater melbourne is covered so it's all good.
MzKylz

Well these came into a JB HiFi store today.... Who only operate with Telstra.... So obviously Telstra will be releasing them on Thursday....

Note 3.jpg

Eeyore

Not really. JB also sell outright unbranded. They're possibly not Telstra versions.
Leroy8888

If that's the case, I'm tempted to buy outright from JB Hi-Fi - who knows when Telstra is going to do anything.

MzKylz

Yes Eeyore..

But they have contract stock and outright stock...

Leroy8888

Which JB Hi-Fi store was that MyKylz ?

MzKylz

Shepparton - VIC

WickedClover

Well if it helps anyone found the following:

Update, October 1

It’s the question you’ve all been asking, and I’m sorry you’ve had to wait this long, but the good news is, I can confirm the Samsung GALAXY Note 3 will be available from Telstra stores and online from Tuesday 15 October and available for pre-order online by the end of the week.

We’ll have more info on the availability date of the GALAXY Gear soon.

Full info :

http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2013/09/18/the-samsung-galaxy-note-3-is-on-its-way-to-telstra/

Eeyore

No contract stock as there is none. I know this as the phone is not released until the 15/10/13..
MzKylz

They will be $975.OO Outright with JB

DF_1309

Well, its the Thursday 3rd of October. All other networks have pre-released and now released the Note 3.

Still no information from Telstra about a pre-purchase. Not even a picture on the website... Nothing! Only the iPhone flashing from 5C to 5S. Come on seriously? I am still baffled how other networks have managed to test the device on their network in time to meet the global release date for the Note 3, but Telstra has to delay it.

Spoke to someone in Sales on Monday to try and get some information and the girl said "We have the iPhone 5S, don't you want that? Its' a nice phone" Why are Telstra pushing this damn iPhone!?!?!?!?

glubglubmeow

Well surprise surprise it's the 3rd, other carriers are offering the Note 3, Harvey Norman and other retailers but Telstra isn't!!!

Rang Telstra and trying to push the Iphone 5S/C!!!!, their reasoning is because it hasn't been released to the market...I pointed i can go into Samsung and purchase the phone today. Their response...I should go ahead and do that and they can put me on a BYO plan!!!!

Seriously Telstra get your act together!!!

Yannick
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The Samsung GALAXY Note 3 4G is now available to pre-order online with Telstra http://tel.st/7qz4 if you pre-order before 17th October ($80 plan or higher) & get a FREE GALAXY GEAR (RRP $369)

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

abucas01

I'm am just doing the pre-order now, however no where on the site does it specify whether it's the 16GB or 32GB model that will be supplied. I have rung On Line shop and they can't help either. Also there appears to be no option for a colour choice for the Galaxy Gear.
I was told by the support guy that I would be contacted prior to delivery to have a choice in which model I receive however no where on the pre-order does it mention this.
What is the situation?
The pre-order site is very clear in stating that I am signing a contract, but Telstra are not providing full disclosure on exactly what it is I am signing up for.

Yannick
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

We are stocking the 32GB Samsung Note 3 the website should be updated soon.

abucas01

Thanks Yannick,

Do you know if we will get a choice on color for the Galaxy gear prior to delivery, or is it pot luck?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit